Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not connecting using Google WIFi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had an Aria for years through multiple different router configs.  Just moved to Google WiFi and now I cannot get past setup active, none of the steps work and nothing I have done previously works either.  Am trying to change the previous WiFi network to the new Google WiFi mesh and nothing is working - tried to set up using iPhone, iPad and desktop.  Anyone have suggestions?  

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Does your new network meet all requirements?

Networking Requirements The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the following network configurations:  Wireless 802.11b standard  WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security  Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported) Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with the Google WiFi mesh system.  Yes, it meets the requirements.  This is so frustrating.  I am also hoping that someone has suggestions.  

Best Answer

@Jugebair Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the setup issues that your Aria scale is experiencing. I would like to know if the issue persists or if your scale connected to your network after changing your router settings to the settings that mentioned @SunsetRunner.

@ChrisWindy It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your Google WiFi system either. Please let me know if your scale displays any error during the setup process.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent hours last night trying to get the Aria to connect to a Google WiFi router.  Connecting will not get past the "active setup" on the app. Stuck in a loop of "trying to connect," after connecting to the Aria using Aria's WiFi.

Tech notes: I am using the app on an iPhone XsMax.

Google WiFi in fact operates at 802.11b: from their website:  "Google Wifi Wireless Router - 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz - Gigabit Ethernet - 802.11b/a/g/n/ac."

Have spent most of the day trying to find workarounds.  No luck yet.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.

When connection to Google Wifi, Aria shunts down and my computer loses connection to Airias shared wifi.

Solution?

Best Answer

To follow up on this, I was able to get the Aria to connect via the Google mesh once I changed the network password to not include a symbol (the network password had a # in it).  Once I removed the # from the password, the Aria had no problem joining the Google mesh wifi.

Best Answer

Thanks for that tip, but my network name and passwords had only letters and numbers.  I tried the "turn off your cell data" tip and that didn't work.

BUT I DID GET IT TO WORK!!

What finally worked for me was not using my phone.  I got out an older laptop (which probably used the old 802.11b standard that the Aria uses), so they were able to talk to each other.

Best Answer

@TAllen01 @Jugebair I'm so glad to hear that you guys managed to get your Aria scales connected. Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the steps you followed to get this issue resolved.

@Johan7 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the setup issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scale. Please make sure that your WiFi password doesn't contain any special characters and your router runs the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz.

See you around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You TAllen01. After months of frustration not being able to connect our Aria Scale to our upgraded Google Wifi, your tip worked. I pulled out a very old laptop and it connected!!!  

Best Answer

I am so glad I was able to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another tip: I have Google Wifi and the same setup issues as others have described. I use LastPass to generate passwords, and those do contain punctuation characters. So rather than have a simple password, I set up a Guest account on Google Wifi with an all-letters password and connected Aria to that. Like others, I used a laptop, and it took several tries. Finally, success. Now, how do I get those wasted hours back...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Laptop is key

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue still. I have used the same network name and password since I got the scale 7 years ago, and moved 4 times. It stopped working when I got Google Fiber. I can't get it to connect. I finally got further along and now it gives me "WIFI ERR".  I'm attempting to connect it to the 2.4ghz, not the 5.0. I've tried it on my phone and on a laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old is the laptop Helen?  If it is newer, it might not be operating on the necessary 802.11b standard.  Check your specs and let us know and we will see if we can help!

Best Answer
0 Votes