Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria shows a "Step Off Err" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I have just set up my Aria to wifi for the first time which was successful, but now receieve the following messages: 

Hi 🙂 

Sensing

Step off 

Step off

Step off

Step off

Err

I have removed all batteries for a short period and also am only attempting this on a hard surface. All to no avail. 

Are there any other options to get this working? 

Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
196 REPLIES 196
Was not able to get mine working
Trashed it and won't buy another

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed
What a terrible product and horrible service

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Ditto
Trashed it. Terrible product and worse service

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan I just spoke with you on the phone, now that I deleted it from my fit bit profile, discovering after Shaw 5G network doesn’t support aria. My scale won’t work at all. It worked yesterday but wouldn’t sync. I keep getting an ERR message. I tried weighing myself 5 times in a row and still stuck in set up mode. Saying account active. How do I restore factory settings it be nice to still be able to use it, even if it won’t sync with my new network 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t bother, it’s expensive and not worth it, it’s been an absolute pain since I got it. It won’t connect properly, it seldom synced to the app. And now that I have a different internet connection it won’t work at all. I’ve tried everything. Wasted hours and hours calling Fitbit and Shaw and reading forums. Stick to the basics. I will never buy a Fitbit scale again. Absolute junk!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
100% true
Gave it up and my watch too
Junk

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

We don't know what they put in the firmwares, apple got caught some years back slowing down phones so they could sell new ones

Best Answer

That's exactly been my thoughts. It worked perfectly until around the time this thread was posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When this doesn't work, one of the sensors is bad.

In my case, it's the bottom left sensor.

If I barely lift the scale on that side.

The step-off goes away.

I solved it with a piece of tape and a small amount of soft foam just big enough to slightly lift the scale in that corner when I not stepping on it, but doesn't affect accurate readings.

Problem solved!!!

Please vote for this fix so others will see how to get their scale working again.

20230115_112321.jpg

Best Answer

Were you able to get help? Mine is doing the same thing and the “weigh yourself 5 times” didn’t work for me either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, nothing worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you just get a new scale? I hate to trash this one but I obviously don’t need a paperweight.

Best regards,

Renee Moore Hart

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Sorry no. I gave up on it Fitbit was absolutely no help. Their customer service is terrible

After I ditched it I got this tip so you can try this

When this doesn't work, one of the sensors is bad. Im ny case its the bottom left sensor. If I barely lift the scale on that side. The step off goes away. I solved it with a piece of tape and a small piece of soft foam just big enough to slightly lift the scale in that corner when I not stepping on it, but doesnt effect true readings. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I trashed it and bought a different brand that works with my Samsung.
Google has bought Fitbit so they don't care at all. They offered me 20% off
since my watch broke and then smaller. Like a slap in the face.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did but I am going to hang on to this one in case they decide to put in a fix for it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same. What a joke!
Good luck with your new scale

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When this doesn't work, one of the sensors is bad.

In my case, it's the bottom left sensor.

If I barely lift the scale on that side.

The step-off goes away.

I solved it with a piece of tape and a small amount of soft foam just big enough to slightly lift the scale in that corner when I not stepping on it, but doesn't affect accurate readings.

Problem solved.

Please vote for this fix so others will find it and get their scale to work again.

Aria Fix.jpg

Best Answer

Vote for my post with the image please so others will see it.

Best Answer

see my fix above

Best Answer
0 Votes
you have to purchase new one from different producer
M
Best Answer
0 Votes