Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria stuck in loop and draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I previously raised this issue and was advised to remove the batteries and reset the scales. After many contributions by others the topic was then closed by the moderator. The advice did not solve my issue, which I resolved by standing the scales on their side when not in use. This turned off the scales and so the batteries did not get run down from constant recycling of message. However the downside of this was that when the scales were placed level for use the initial reading was always about 2 kgs too heavy. Thus I had to weigh myself about 3 times before I could be confident of the readings settling down. Well after 3 months of this I have had enough and my solution is to buy another set of scales, but I havnt bought an Aria 2 I have bought a sset of  scales from Renpho at almost a third of the price of an Aria 2. Set up was really easy and it syncs with my Fitbit app. So bye bye Aria

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@NeilSKN It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with your Aria scale. I'm also sorry that it's no longer under warranty. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Exact same problem here. Aria stuck in setup loop, wouldn't let me weigh anymore. Removing batteries even for extended periods of time didn't change anything. I ended up buying a Withings scale. It's not just bye bye Aria for me, after having had so many issues with my Charge 2 as well, it"s bye bye Fitbit for good.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit This is a common issue among Aria uses. What is FitBit doing to address this? These are $200 dollar scales that are bricks after 2 years. 

Best Answer

Same issue with Fitbit Aria scale. Device continuously drains the battery. Does not shut off. Big problem. Spent too much money on battery replacement for batteries that should last a year. Love the Fitbit products, but am really fed up with this scale. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer

Please respond to the questions and comments in this thread. 

Best Answer

Well, I am getting the exact same issue. Pretty disappointing, but I have to say, pretty much every fitbit product I have purchased is pretty much garbage.... I'm not quite sure why I keep buying more. The fact they won't even reply says it all though.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes