Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I got my Aria delivered today and am having trouble setting it up. It just won’t enter set up mode, despite me following the instructions. When I took the battery out and put it back in, the screen started displaying weight. I took all the batteries out and reinserted them and the same thing happened. The scales work, but I can’t connect them to the WiFi or my Fitbit because they are automatically displaying weight measurements and nothing else. I can’t find any solution to this anywhere and I have tried about 10 times to following the instructions over and over again. So it feels like I’ve paid a lot of money for a normal set of bathroom scales.  I’m very disappointed. Does anyone know if there is a way of solving this issue?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mine that I received today, as well, is the Aria Air.  I fought it for about 15 minutes or so, trying to get it to go into setup mode, with no luck.

Finally, I decided a different approach.  I went into my fitbit app on my phone, clicked on the icon in the top left corner, selected "Set up a Device", scrolled through the list and found "Aria Air" and walked through the wizard.

Accepted the Privacy Policy, then hit next on the screen to remove pull tab from battery compartment.

It should then search fort the device.  It didn't find it at first, I discovered it was "asleep".  I removed one battery, put it back in and this "woke it up".  Stepping on the scale also does the same thing.

It still didn't discover it, on my end, so I turned off bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on again, then told it to search again.

This time it found it, again, make sure your display is on on the Aria, and all should be well.

Good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Mine that I received today, as well, is the Aria Air.  I fought it for about 15 minutes or so, trying to get it to go into setup mode, with no luck.

Finally, I decided a different approach.  I went into my fitbit app on my phone, clicked on the icon in the top left corner, selected "Set up a Device", scrolled through the list and found "Aria Air" and walked through the wizard.

Accepted the Privacy Policy, then hit next on the screen to remove pull tab from battery compartment.

It should then search fort the device.  It didn't find it at first, I discovered it was "asleep".  I removed one battery, put it back in and this "woke it up".  Stepping on the scale also does the same thing.

It still didn't discover it, on my end, so I turned off bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on again, then told it to search again.

This time it found it, again, make sure your display is on on the Aria, and all should be well.

Good luck!

Best Answer
Ahhh, you absolute star! That sorted the issue. Thank you so much. 😊

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes