Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected Aria to WiFi Extender successfully

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Took me a day to figure out; but here's the secret sauce:

1.  setup your router on 5GHz band only.

2.  setup your wifi extender on 2.4GHz band only.  Use the same SSID / password as the router.

3.  setup the Aria as usual using the SSID / password (which is the same for both router and extender)

This works because it guarantees that the channel of the extender is below the channel of the router.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Interesting! I tried to connect my Aria to my repeater last year, just to notice it didn’t work. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LarryWai A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! What a great contribution my friend. Thanks for sharing those tips in the Community and let's hope your workaround helps users that experience setup issues in the future.

Hope to see you both in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG!  Thank you for this idea!  I was fighting with my aria and the extender until I saw this tip.  I was able to make the change and it connected without a problem.  Thanks again!

Best Answer

@gchandler It's great to have you aboard in the Community! I'm glad to hear that the tips that my friend @LarryWai shared, helped you to connect your Aria scale with an extender.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people ans create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 30 or so items connected to my main router (on the other side of my house) most of which require 2.4 GHz and do not support 5GHz. The Aria and a sprinkler timer are the only things on opposite side of my house that I need to connect to the extender - neither of them will connect.  I have the main router with 2.4, 5 and 5G2 - the latter I use for my laptop and iphone.  My extender I just reset on 2.4 only - not working!  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes