Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Aria save data if it doesn't sync?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria didn't sync for the last two days. Does it save data (like the fitbit trackers do)? Or is the daily data lost if it doesn't sync?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm happy to have you here in the Community @mcfloozy. It's awesome that you have an Aria scale at home, I bet it will help you very much.

To answer your question, your Aria will save up to 16 measurements (weight and BF% readings) if you are not able to sync it. After you sync, all of the information saved by the scale will transfer to your Dashboard.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I'm happy to have you here in the Community @mcfloozy. It's awesome that you have an Aria scale at home, I bet it will help you very much.

To answer your question, your Aria will save up to 16 measurements (weight and BF% readings) if you are not able to sync it. After you sync, all of the information saved by the scale will transfer to your Dashboard.

Keep up the good work and let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know.

I love the way the Aria connects and makes awesome graphs for me. I've been a fitbit user since 2009, and I'm actually using more of the features now to support healthier habits. The Aria is a nice element that keeps the weight info accurate and honest.

Thanks for your answer. Loving the fitbit products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @mcfloozy. I'm very excited to hear that you are loyal user and that you are so motivated, keep it up!

Let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be happy to help you out. Robot Happy

Best Answer

That's interesting because mine hasn't been doing that. I lost internet without realizing it, and basically everything during that period failed to sync to my account.

Best Answer

Welcome @dhill9352. How many days did you go without syncing your Aria? Are you still missing weight or body fat readings from those days?

I look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
It looks like it worked as soon as I had a weigh-in when it was connected.
So, when it synced but I didn't weigh myself, it doesn't load anything up.
But now it's all resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dhill9352 That is awesome news! Please let me know if notice any other issue or difference in your Aria's performance, I'll be happy to further assist.

Have a great day! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Is there a way to get the Aria to attempt to transmit again or do I have to weigh in again, just to get that to happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NomdelaNom Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know more details about your question. Did you stop using your Aria and want to connect it to your network again? Is it experiencing a hard time when you try to weigh in and nothing appears on the display?

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Periodically, the Aria fails to synchronize with our accounts. I suspect
it's a wi-fi signal issue. The obvious solution is to move the scale
closer but that's not really practical. My question is: When the Aria
fails to synch, can I tell the it to try another attempt to synch without
having to weigh myself all over again?

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NomdelaNom Thanks for getting back and clarifying your question! To answer your question, you will need to weigh yourself again in order to check out if your Aria syncs properly.

Regarding the syncing issue, is there any error message on the display when you realized that the sync fails? Also, have you made changes to your network such as router, password or network settings?

Catch ya later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria has been off wifi for 2 weeks.  I just got it back on wifi now and even though I weighed myself once I was back online, all my weights from the past two weeks are not syncing but my current weight is syncing.  Are the last 2 weeks of data lost?  Thanks for your help.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iakimura Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale didn't sync the weigh ins you took when your Aria was off WiFi. In order to avoid any confusion on my end, I would like to know if your Aria was completely disconnected from your WiFi. Did you change WiFi settings during those 2 weeks?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Initially, the battery on the scale died. So I replaced them. Scale seemed to work fine and knew who I was as my initials appeared after I weighed in, but I didn’t specifically re-setup wifi and I didn’t change any wifi settings. I don’t know if the Aria was completely disconnected or not but the scale did say that wifi needed to be setup after I replaced the batteries. At this point, if the weights are gone, I’ll just deal with it I suppose. Just unfortunate.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@iakimura Thank you for getting back! I believe that your Aria got disconnected from your WiFi since it asked you to set it up again. I totally understand that this is frustrating. However, you can manually log your weight for those days so you can have records on your Dashboard. You just need to go to your web-based Dashboard and click on the "Log" button (located at the top of the main page of your Dashboard). Then select the "Weight" and scroll down a little bit. You'll see an option to log your weight on different weights at the right side of the page.

Let me know if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem where my aria was connected to an old WiFi network for a few days. I weighed in twice in that time and fixed the network immediately after the 2nd weigh in, but when it synced neither of them showed up and they are not even on the recent weigh in list. Are those lost forever?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahCath Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your weigh ins are not showing on your Dashboard. I would like to know a few details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Have you made changes to your old network (router settings or WiFi password)? Is your Aria showing any error message?

In the meantime, please restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if your Aria syncs those readings properly.

Regarding your question, if your previous readings that didn't show nor synced, I'm afraid that they're can't be recovered. I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

Please keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this thread is a little old but I had a similar situation occur and thought this information would be useful to those looking for their data in the future.  I had swapped out my router and decided to modify my SSID for WiFi.  It was probably around 3-4 weeks before I remembered to reconfigure the Aria scale.  Followed the protocol for reconfiguring the WiFi network on the scale (pull one of the batteries, press the bottom corners, etc. > well documented online) and once it had joined the new network, the data was all available.  It had even retained the guest readings.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

theoretically, this should be correct however, it does not work this way in reality. My measurements failed to sync selectively. It syncs 3 out of 5 measurements and then forgets about the missed measurements altogether. I am not doing any resets etc that will force delete those missed measurements.

Best Answer
0 Votes