Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR MESSAGE ON ORIGINAL ARIA SCALES - NO RECENT BATTERY CHANGE

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I weigh myself using original Aria scales I purchased about 4 years ago several times a week.

I changed batteries probably around 3 to 4 weeks ago and have had no problems. My lst weigh in on Saturday 18/04/20 was ok , but when my husband went to use the scales the day day after it came up with the ERR message.  We have tried several times to swap batteries round, tried new batteries and reset.  Nothing. All we get is Thinking then just ERR.

Has anyone managed to resolve this?  Its strange how there seems to be several people with this issue.

Has anyone had feedback from FITBIT themselves on this?

Just to emphasise the error message is just ERR.

When I stand on the scales I get the following:

1. Hi

2. Sensing

3. Step off

4. Thinking

5. ERR

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @ACEBANDITCAT,

There are several types of error messages you can receive on your Aria scale, as listed here .  Which one specifically are you seeing?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I changed my batteries this morning I started getting the ERR when I attempted to connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well isn't that just peachy. I just managed after several days and changing protocols and numerous attempts at connecting to wifi to finally get it seeing the wifi. Then when I step on I get that ERR message at the end. It says it's connected to the wifi but it just won't recognize the users (2) and no solutions in sight.

Fitbit tech support is a joke. Nothing but a bunch of hourly agents in a call center reading off of a script. Not a techie among them. I'm ready to throw in the towel and buy a product that works. 

Additionally, I read that Fitbit is using very old technology so it inevitably has problems with newer modems and wifi networks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

based on my recent research, it seems like firmware v.39 turned aria 1 into a brick and Fitbit did that on purpose to force you to buy the new model. Changing batteries or re-sync usually triggers a firmware update, and that is what happened to yours. There is nothing you can do. Just do like me and never buy any Fitbit product anymore. Problem solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already made the decision to leave Fitbit and their junky Aria scale behind. Yesterday I ordered a smart digital scale on Amazon for less than half the price of an Aria. And it integrates fully with all the major fitness platforms, including Fitbit.

Anyone want to buy an Aria for cheap? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would but I hear they're kind of **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the batteries on my original Aria, the firmware is v.39, and it WORKS!  This scale does require a router that supports (most do), and is _configured to offer_ (this was my issue), the older 802.11.b (2.4 GHz) wifi protocol.  Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solution, unfortunately. None of us changed the router and it worked for years. Also most routers including mine have protocol B enabled by default. In addition, the fact that resetting the scale and reconfiguring wifi for the first time works means the problem is not the wifi. My last successful sync was using firmware v37. As I said, once upgraded to v39, it stopped working. I already bought another scale for just $34. Does everything aria does plus a lot more. I don’t regret it. Not buying anything Fitbit ever again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. ARIA v39 became useless after getting a new router.

But this is what happens with all hardware connected via an app to the internet. Not only Fitbit, all brands such as Sonos, ... . Perfect working, well build hardware that become useless or bricked after an upgrade. I had my ARIA 4 years.

Tech company's don't care. The biggest looser here is the environment. Burning mother earth faster and faster and it is trying to fight back with corona and other disasters to come.

Best Answer
0 Votes