Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Aria will not sync with AT&T Uverse Router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I made a switch from AT&T Internet ISP to AT&T Uverse fiber optic which required a change in routers.  Since this change, I have been unable to sync the Aria with this router.  I get all the way thru the setup process to get a network connection error at the final step.  I have read that if you have a router password that uses special characters in addition to letters and numbers that the Aria will not recognize them.  How ridiculous if this is true!  Any suggestions?  Also, with FitBit's abandonment of the FitBit One, and the move away from clip-on trackers in general (Yes I am aware that the Inspire has a clip but it doesn't have the features that the One has), I am about through with FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Yes, this is true. You have never been able to use a password with special characters with the Aria.  Does your new router meet the required specifications?

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to me that FitBit could do a firmware update to alleviate
this issue. With security concerns today, password protection needs all
the character options available to reduce network hacking potential.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my AT&T Uverse router meets all the specs.  It connects with my TV's (Sonys and Samsungs), BluRay players, home security system, indoor and outdoor cameras, cell phones (both Apple and Android), etc.  All without a single issue.  But, not this worthless Aria scale!  Every other manufacturer can figure this out.  Why not FitBit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app updated August 8. All of my data synced. We got a new router on the 9th.  I cannot connect my scale to connect to my new network. My scale will not get to the “setup active” step.    I tried to reset it also. It takes me to the updated Fitbit app which does not provide any help.  I watched a video that suggested pressing your palms down on the front right corners of the scale. That did not work for me either. Please advise 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take a battery out of the scale. Wait at least 10 seconds before you put
the battery back in. Then press down on the two rear corners of the scale
to turn on the "setup active" mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I took a battery out of the scale. Waited at least 10 seconds and put
the battery back in. I turned the scales upright and pressed  down on the two rear corners of the scale.  It showed two feet getting on the scale but not  "setup active" mode.  Yesterday I hit the reset button. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went back and tried it on the Fitbit app. I was able to get it to work. Thank you for your guidance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem isn't the special characters in the password. I had the scale at my boyfriend house and the scale worked with his wifi password which had a combo of upper and lower case letters, a #, and 2 numbers. I moved my scale to my house and tried connecting with AT&T fiber wifi and it will not connect but the wifi password is exactly the same as my boyfriends soooo it is the fiber network that is the issue. I have a first gen Aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem here. My first generation Aria has stopped syncing since I
switched to Uverse.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't seem to be a Uverse issue as the NO SYNC is happening to a lot of folks since yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes