Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Connecting / syncing Aria to Spectrum router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything that’s been suggested in other posts. I’ve tried to join the Spectrum 2g using an iPad, desktop Windows 10 and laptop Windows 10. No luck with any of them. I can connect with the Aria and then select my network and enter the password. The scale says saving and then goes back to device setup or trying to connect. I noticed on Windows 10 app the old network from AT&T is shown as the network but is grayed out and can’t be changed. Saw that Fitbit stopped supporting Windows 10 in December 2018. WTF????  I try to delete the Aria but it gets automatically re-added. I’m about ready to throw it out the window. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Fitbit stopped supporting the Windows phone app (as did Microsoft), not the PC OS.

Does your network support the following?

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem...and according to my computer geek husband, the ARIA first generation will not be able to sync. The ARIA can only join a network which is 802.11b compatible. Most internet providers transitioned to 802.11n protocols starting over a year ago.  So bascially you are the owner of a really nice smart scale that cannot sync up with your WiFi no matter what you do....however Fitbit support told me that I can buy a new ARIA 2 which is compatible with 11b, 11g, and 11n networks...convenient, no?

It is upsetting that the device I paid a lot of money for that one feature where it interacted with the fitbit app and other devices, is now no better than a $20 scale. Rip off!

Hope this helps

GF

Best Answer

Same problem here. Unfortunately, Fitbit support has not been particularly helpful. Not real inclined to buy anything else from them after this. 

Best Answer

My scale hasn’t synced for a long time. I just tried again. After my previous go around with “customer service” (haha), I’m not inclined to go that route again. It’s very disappointing that I spent money on this scale. It worked just long enough so that I wasn’t able to return it. I’m not inclined to buy another scale from Fitbit but miss being able to sync. I’m considering going to another device all together. Again, very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I did come up with a workaround for my Spectrum problem. I linked up my old Netgear N600 Wireless Dual band Gigabit router to Spectrum’s router. I was then able to connect the Aria to the Netgear router using its 2G band.  Not ideal but at least the scale is useable once again. 

Best Answer