Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Doesn't Work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I will never buy another Fitbit product.  Eventually they (Aria scale and Zip) quit working because Fitbit no longer provides IT support for it.  Then they publish bogus suggestions for repair and hide behind an expired warranty. What they really want us to do is buy new products from them.  Goodbye Fitbit!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @GDUBYAJR

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Aria scale and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps.  

In this case, if you already tried restarting the scale by removing the batteries for 10 seconds and you've also changed the batteries for new ones and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience with the product. The team of developers continues to work to improve the quality of products and services. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Friday I tossed my FitBit scale in the garbage.  And........I did not buy another Fitbit scale!

The two Fitbit products I owned became obsolete.  Regardless of the product I owned (3) the routine was the same.  Needs new batteries, pull the batteries, wait and then reinsert.  The batteries were consistently fine and pulling them numerous times did not work.  Admit it Fitbit you made the decision to no longer support the product.  It's obvious your revenue stream only improves if people upgrade their equipment.  All your Customer Service Department will do is frustrate me further and then tell me the product warranty has expired. Goodby Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bluetooth doesn't seem to work. It worked the first time and then when I try to step on the scale to log weight the current weight doesn't show up, I have to manually input the weight. I shouldn't have to unpair the device and re-pair every time I want to log a weight, that is counter-productive and not how the device should work at all. 

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for sharing all your replies. 

@GDUBYAJR I understand this can be frustrating, I' sorry to see that it was not possible to resolve the issue with the troubleshooting steps available in the forums. If possible, I'd still recommend that you get in touch with our Support team so they can let you know if there are any options available for you. Thank you again for sharing all your feedback and comments. 

@autbrat Besides the steps mentioned earlier to take the batteries out, to set up and connect the Aria scale to your Wi-Fi network, make sure to follow all the steps listed here. After your Fitbit scale is set up on your wireless network, it automatically syncs your stats to the Fitbit app after every weigh-in. After you see your measurements, you should see a checkmark, indicating that syncing is complete. You can then view your data on in the Fitbit app. 

If you experience any inconvenience to sync your data, please make sure to check all the recommendations and requirements in this article

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed steps to connect the Aria. I even followed the steps of another post of reinstalling the app and then reconnecting the Aria. It will only sync correctly the first time. When trying to take a new weight after initial setup and initial weight the weight will not update, I have to enter it manually, which completely defeats the point. I don't feel like I should have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app every time to make it work, nor should I have to take out batteries and reinstall them (which did nothing btw). Nor should I have to force stop the app and clear cache which actually didn't do anything to fix the issue but apparently other people have had success with. It simply does not work as designed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@autbrat Thank you for sharing this update and for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested. 

In this case, since the troubleshooting steps shared in the forums were not successful, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

I appreciate all the feedback and comments that you've provided about this problem. The team continues to work to improve the quality of products and services.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too late.  The Fitbit scale is resting comfortably in my local landfill recycling plant!

Best Answer

@GDUBYAJR Thank you for your response. 

I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the issue the scale. Thanks again for all your feedback about the product. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes