Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does Fitbit Make the Aria sooo Complicated?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My family now has a few Fitbit devices. My most recent purchase was the Aria  scale. I thought this would be something great for the family to track our weights. To date the only person who can use the scale is myself. My wife and daughter despite many attempts still cannot use it so we keep an analog scale for their use.

it’s maddening that as a company. Fitbit has created software which complicates  and limits the use of the scale. A max of 5 users? Permissions to use the scale? Why?!  If I buy a scale for the family then all family members should be able to easily use it. If I have more than five people in my family I should not need to buy another scale.

Fitbit really needs to reflect on the benefit of them trying to control this. Perhaps they’re trying to avoid gyms buying the scale and allowing all their members to use it. Who knows all I know is that I would never recommend this scale to anyone and I suspect that they made it so complicated they are losing customers. What does everyone think on this forum? Do you think this is a good business practice for Fitbit to make this so complicated? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Felisrufa 

I’m not entirely sure why there was a limit on the amount of users you can put on the Fitbit scales. I’m sure larger families would definitely run into an issue if everyone wanted to link to it so I’m in agreement with the limit frustration. 

But with that said it appears your running into trouble adding your wife and your daughter to the Aria scale. I’ve seen this as a problem in the past reading through the forum here. One way that I’ve seen help (usually successful) is that sending the invite to both your wife and daughter be done through a desktop browser. 

Although not entirely ideal, the solution (workaround) is to invite someone from a desktop browser and accept the invite from a desktop browser seems to be work. Do you have access to a one by chance? If so that would certainly help. 

I helped someone here with the same situation: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/Aria-Air-Unable-to-invite-my-wife/m-p/5201429#M44804. The scale model is different in that link but the steps are the same as you would follow. 

😃 Maybe this method will help you add your wife and daughter to the scale. Please let me know if it helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Felisrufa and welcome to the Community.  There are three Aria models and you don't say which one you use.  I don't have any additional insight as to getting the rest of your family on your scale.  I can tell you that:

• All three models allow eight users
  • Users get invited to the scale so their weights will sync with their Fitbit accounts
  • I hope you can sort out your family issue.  Your wife and daughter can use the scale.  Their weights will come up as GUEST on the Aria and Aria 2.  Their weights will display on an Aria Air, just not sync.
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW I’m confused about your statement on the Aria Air and syncing. The weight on my Aria Air does sync to to my account as well as my spouses account. But Fitbit suggest that if you have trouble connecting to ask others nearby to close their Fitbit App. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   I am the only user on my Aria Air.  I keep my app running in the background, unless I am weighing myself, then it's open.  If I step on my Aria Air, then walk away, that weight gets lost in cyberspace -- the Bluetooth icon doesn't light up.  If a weight will appear on any open app in Bluetooth range, then the scale is definitely not as private as Fitbit claims.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

😉 I would definitely agree it’s not private

Best Answer
0 Votes