Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Step off Thinking" error message on display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting last week, Aria 2 will not weight and gives an error message.  I have reset it several times, but when I try weighing, I will get the "Hi. Step On Step Off Thinking error" message.  This is extremely frustrating.  Not only does my Charge 2 NOT track sleep properly, now the scale does not weigh and or sync.  I have removed the batteries, reset, and then, based on past message went to Sara on Thursday and Friday.  No one has responded.  Now, I am starting a completely new thread to see what action can be taken.  This is my second Aria, but it may be my last.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I'll be following this as I have the same problem.  This is my second one also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cka114 @nlzcas It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the "Step off Thinking" error message that your Aria scales are displaying, even though a reset has been performed. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if you have an Aria 1 or Aria 2. You can see the differences between both scales in this post.

In the meantime, please make sure that your scales are placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on them barefoot and still. Finally, re-calibrate your scale by weighing yourselves 5 times in a row and see if the error message disappears.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales are Area 1 They have been working fine and not sure if there was an update which stopped them working.

I get the step on step off Thinking then err.

I have put new batteries in tried weighing 5 times.

Followed all the set up instructions and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@downunder74 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale keeps displaying a "Thinking ERR" message even though you have replaced the batteries and re-calibrated it. After performing these troubleshooting steps, I would like to know if your scale was placed on a hard surface and you stepped on it barefoot and still.

If these details were already covered, please let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly.

Best Answer
The scales are on a hard surface and were stepped on in bare feet 5 times. This did not fix the problem.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@downunder74  Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps listed above. Since the issue persists, let me send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to thank the Fitbit team for their prompt attention and service.

They replaced my Aria 1 after several emails of questions with a set of Area 2 that arrived yesterday.

They are now in full use and working well.

Thank you Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’m following this thread as well as I’ve run into the same issue after doing everything they’ve suggested. I’ve had SO many issues with my Aria 2, ran through all the troubleshooting steps and customer service will not replace it for me. They are selling a faulty product. Anyone looking to buy an Aria scale, spare yourself a huge headache and don’t! I’ll be looking into a difficult brand scale now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@downunder74 That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here. Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed.

@sonrisara I'm sorry to hear that your Aria experienced the same issue and it's no longer under warranty. I know how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have an Aria1 I’ve gotten the same error.  Put new batteries in, reset, reconnected several times.  Stepped on and off in a flat surface barefoot 5 times to reset and nothing works.  Any other options?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amjnelson I see that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still displaying the "Sensing Thinking ERR" message even after trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps.

I will forward your case to our Customer Service team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan ... I have the same experience: Aria 1.. it sits on tile floor, weighing 5 times wasn't the charm... "she" is still thinking it's all an error. Truth be know, I think the same when I weigh myself. It's good validation, but not good product design. Help! 

CB

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CBfromFL Thank you for joining us in this thread and our forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is also displaying a "Thinking" error message. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our Community.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can provide further assistance.

You will be contacted via email.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes