Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wildly inconsistent measurements

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yes, I have read related threads but have not found a solution.

I am experiencing dramatic swings in reported weights. I've seen people on here quibbling about a pound or so variation, but this is much more inconsistent and inaccurate:

scale.png

All of these were from this morning's sequential weigh-ins. Note I have three readings at 166 and two readings at 159; these are not minor variations. Not shown: a reading of 168 which was far out enough to be labeled "guest." Even the scale agrees these can't be the measurements of a single person within a 30 minute window.

I have visual markers for consistent placement of the scale on the floor. I took out the batteries to reset, I cleaned the contacts with alcohol to remove interfering debris.

Suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@LauraVA Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing consistent readings. Thank you by the way, for providing a screenshot of your Dashboard and troubleshooting this issue before contacting us.

Please make sure that your Aria is placed on an even or flat surface and you are standing on it barefoot and also, make sure that you stand still while weighing yourself.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Floor is pretty even. I use it barefoot at the same routine each day. Yes, I am standing still (often touching a doorframe for balance). Would love to hear suggestions, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LauraVA Thank you for getting back! Since you have tried and covered all the recommended troubleshooting steps, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes