Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria ERR message AKA bricked ARIA.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you post here if your ARIA is affected?

It would be interesting to see if we could find out how many units are actually suffering from this defect. 

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Both of mine are broken.

Best Answer

darn... I thought one was bad... 

and FITBIT still didn't offer to look after you?

Best Answer

To be fair, they replaced my first one no questions asked, but then the replacement broke. Now both are out of warranty.

It really annoys me that they continued to sell the Aria without fixing the obvious issues. No respect for their customers.

Best Answer

My Aria is broken.   (Sensing, step off, thinking, err).

Best Answer

Mine's bricked, too. "Thinking. ERR" I took it up three levels on my customer service call, all they would offer is expedited shipping on an Aria 2, saying my Aria 1 was out of warranty.

They kept disputing Fitbit had done anything wrong on their part to brick these things, but I got the customer service representatives to at least acknowledge how stupid it is to offer another $130 scale if what they're telling me by their current customer service is that it could break in a year and I'd be out of luck and they wouldn't do anything for me. I was very surprised by it, as their customer service has been so good with my trackers. 

My theory is they're afraid to acknowledge something is wrong with the Aria 1's now as they'd be out of a lot of money for replacing anyone who bought any of them. 

Best Answer

Free expedited shipping if I were to purchase a NEW Aria scale is also the answer I was given. 

When I asked how can I be certain this new $150 scale won't suddenly STOP WORKING a year from now his answer was 'sorry, nothing I can do about that'. To think that meager 1.5 years of working life on a $150 item that merely SITS on the floor of my bathroom (I understand if it undergoes strenuous activities) is unacceptable to me. It's got a GLASS TOP. I am certainly not JUMPING on it to get my reading. It's even more infuriating that this is a known issue with other ARIA owners. FITBIT MUST ADDRESS THIS.

Best Answer

Did you have receipts for the replcement? Mine is about 3 years old and coming up with the ERR code. 

Best Answer

Mine is stuffed, coming up with the ERR code. It’s about 3 Years old so warranty is out. 

One of the comments above is so true, it sits on your bathroom floor and is used every so often. It should be lasting a lot longer than this. Has anyone had any success in getting this replaced or all were expected to pay for a new one? 

Best Answer

Not that I've seen in the last couple of years, but if others see Fitbit replacing these I'd be curious how and why. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got this error for the first time earlier this week. Assumed at first my batteries were failing (which were reporting low prior to this week). So just replaced batteries. No joy. Tried to re-link to my network (succeeded after a while). Could really have done with a way of disconnecting the Aria from my network and beginning the whole process again and maybe even being able to perform a factory reset (if I could do this, I couldn’t see how).

My final successful recording was 25/1/18. Firmware version is v.39. I don’t know when it became this version. Does anyone else know when v.39 was rolled out? Could it be the root of this error problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the basis of the other replies, I’ve not  bothered to contact Fitbit customer services at present....

Best Answer

Same issue here. Worked perfectly for about 3 years, then late last year....... ERR....... wonder if it may have something to do with a firmware update??? Last successful weigh-in was 8 November 2017.

Best Answer

From what I've been able to find out, it looks like the problem is mostly sloppily laid out cables that lead to pinched wires underneath:
http://richteel.blogspot.com/2014/11/defective-fitbit-aria-scale-fixed_16.html

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here., turned Aria in and synced to new WiFi and it is connected properly but when I weigh in it gives ERR

Best Answer

Looks like this is a bigger problem than i thought.

Replaced the batteries as requested yesterday, got on the scales today and found the "err" message staring back at me today. Been through the whole set-up process this morning (Not the way i want to start a Sunday) and still suffering from the same problem.

One thing i did notice was the time the app said i last synced which was 0:42 which is 8 hours earlier.

So it's not even seeing the time.

Come on Fitbit! sort it out. And no.... I'm not going to buy a new one!

Best Answer

My first one is broken. Exactly the same as you. ERR message. Nothing works any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mine is doing the same changed batteries now showing err message 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't fill me with confidence that FITBIT's other products have not been designed with this kind of 'ticking-bomb' design flaws. I would argue that considering this is a SCALE, some amount of deflection should have been taken into account when their engineers were layout the cable/circuit board. 

Best Answer

I just received a private message telling me they have erased the same question I’ve asked in multiple threads. Apparently asking multiple times is frowned upon, but not providing an answer is acceptable.

Best Answer