Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria ERR message AKA bricked ARIA.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you post here if your ARIA is affected?

It would be interesting to see if we could find out how many units are actually suffering from this defect. 

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

My Aria 1 is broken/failing giving the ERR after I changed the batteries. I also got the same answer from @Fitbit - your Aria 1 is out of warranty (1.5 year old) but they did offer the new Aria 2 and they will give me free shipping. Yes, @Fitbit will give me FREE SHIPPING if I buy the new Aria 2 to replace their brick/useless Aria 1 in my bathroom.

Best Answer
That was generous of them NOT 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I threw my Aria in the garbage.  The Fitbit offers of assistance and compensation were useless and insulting.  I'll never buy another Fitbit product and encourage the same to others who ask about it.  I've posted highly negative reviews of the product in various forums, such as Amazon review.

Best Answer

Mine too, its **ahem**ing bull**ahem** that this artifact only lasted for 6 months!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error. Tried everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is just over a year

old and I’m having the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is. 😕 Changed the wifi network and bam! Thinking.... ERR.

I'm a little erked since it seems to be a known error and not nee. 😞 Its no longer under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly when I started getting the ERR message.  First it was the ERR message from not having 802.11 b and then it was the thinking...ERR

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria is broken.   (Sensing, step off, thinking, err). Thing was working perfectly and then right at the change of the year - brick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The official FitBit position on this is that "Sensing, Step Off, Thinking, Err" is actually a fitness routine that the scale is giving you to encourage you to get moving.  They truly are dedicated to helping people lead healthier, more active lives.  Thanks, guys!  You're the best!!

Best Answer

Oof feels like it was ages ago when I first wrote something on this thread, and just wanted to report this was the beginning of me getting completely off Fitbit. Officially on Wear OS at the start of the new year. There's some things I miss, but this definitely is where Fitbit started to lose me. Sad to say, had lots of hope for you all. 

Best Answer
Hi All,

I'm with Kyledeb on this one.

After years of poor quality from fitbit - with one watch after another
failing me - I've decided to leave the franchise entirely.

I'm now the happy owner of a Garmin set of kit - scales, very expensive
tracker watch worth 900 USD, and more.

Sorry Fitbit, I thought you were great but you blew it.
Best Answer

Yeah, I agree too.  No doubt one of Fitbit's helpful moderators will delete these messages, but personally I'll never buy anything from Fitbit ever again.  Poor quality products, no respect for their customers - hopefully the company fails sooner rather than later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zycie Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm so sorry to hear that your Aria scale is displaying a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message. I'd like you to try the following in order to fix this issue: Restart and re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and let me know if the error message disappears.

@aco2x I appreciate your feedback.

@kyledeb @Happyboffers @Stu_P I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scales and I truly appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes