Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I put new batteries in my aria. It seemed to never properly cycle off and my battery life was about 2 weeks, dead again! Any ideas on how to get the scale back in proper form?
Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

How many times did you replace the batteries? Could just be defective replacements. How do you know if never cycles off? Is the display on the whole time?

Best Answer
I've replaced them 3 times in the last 3 months. Batteries aren't from the same package. Every time I'm in the bathroom the scale is telling me to step on. I never see it blank.
Best Answer
Hi! I am struggling with the exact same problem. Did you ever solve this?

Thanks!
Best Answer
I have the same problem drains it in less than a week
Best Answer

Thank you for joining the Forums @Chiva@Spmhutt and @Havardlothe. I'm sorry you are still experiencing this issue and I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix this. My best suggestion is to get in touch with customer support at http://contact.fitbit.com or by calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends so they can take care of this for you. I'm sure they will get you all back on track. 

Any other questions, let me know.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Aria. Most recently replaced the batteries on monday and by saturday found that they were dead. Customer service suggested I take them out and replace them every time I use the scale. Why should I go through all that trouble? Have you guys found that anything works to fix the issue? Or is it time to try another company

Best Answer

Hi,

I got mine replaced. Don't think there's nothing you can do about that specific issue.

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Appreciate the reply - Unfortunately mines over a year old so according to customer service, replacement isnt an option. Disappointing to find they disfuntion like this.

Best Answer
I had the exact same problem. I would get about 3-4 days out of each set of batteries. I finally contacted Customer Service, which was very responsive. They're sending me a replacement.
Best Answer

It's great to have you guys here. Robot HappyThose are great news @Ronin62 @Havardlothe@MPHewes I wanted to ask you, did customer support offer you an alternate option or solution to your current issue with the Aria? When did you contact them?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
Hi, when I spoke with Customer Setvice, the representative asked me to check the battery springs and contacts to make sure they were not broken and/or corroded. Once I confirmed that they were fine, the representative told me that he would send me a replacement. I guess there is nothing else to do. I will add that it was great to able to call on a Sunday. It was also great that they didn't make me jump through a bunch of hoops. I received confirmation this morning by email that my replacement has been shipped. All in all, I'm giving Fitbit high marks for customer service! I hope this answers your question.
Best Answer

That's awesome news @Ronin62! I'm very happy for you. Surely you will do a fantastic job and will continue to enjoy using the Aria scale. 

Any other questions or comments, feel free to post it here in the Community!

Best Answer
I'm having the same problem. Melissa, do you know whether or not I can still have mine replaced if it has been over a year? It'd be super disappointing if I couldn't since I haven't had it all that long.
Best Answer

Hey Melissa - thanks for reaching out but customer service did not offer another solution. They just stated that I was out of luck as it was over a year (and stuck with a malfunctuioning scale). I reached out on 2/6/16.

Best Answer
It is very disappointing to be experiencing the same problem as everyone else above. What does Fitbit want their reputation to be on the Aria: that it's $100+ unit doesn't last longer than 1 year? Before Aria, I've had a digital scale that has lasted me 10 years and counting . . . That's quality, reliability and durability. Wish I could say the same for the Aria.
Best Answer

Thank you very much for you feedback and comments @FitCroMag and @MPHewes. I'll forward your comments so this can be taken into consideration. 

@Robynfaye If you have any questions in regard your scale's warranty, you can log to the Warranty Policy article and get more information.

Any other questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and have gone through countless batteries over the past month or so, since this issue started. It seems to be getting worse, as the batteries are dying quicker now than in the begining. Anyway, I plan on contacting customer support but an wondering if there is a way to check to see if it's under warranty? I know I bought it around this time of year last year but don't remember exactly when. I could check my weight history but that likely won't be adequate for confirming the warranty. 

Jenny

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @lefty12! You can check Fitbit's Return and Warranty Policy if you have any questions about the warranty on your Aria scale and feel free to contact customer support if you have any other questions or comments, I'm sure they will help you out.

I wish you the best!

Best Answer

My Aria started this week, everytime I walk in my bedroom it tells me to get on...What's the DEAL, FITBIT?  Along with that my Charge (replacement) is losing charge after just one day. Cut my losses?

Best Answer