Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not letting get past the step where I have to put in my initials.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just got an aria and I’m trying to set it up. I get to the point where it asks me to give the scale a name, and then to enter my initials. When I press continue, on the initials box it says “match the requested format” and it won’t let me continue. I don’t know what it means by that. There isn’t any format I am seeing I am simply putting in my initials. Can Someone help me with this?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Lulu23 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is experiencing a hard time when trying to set it up. I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale could connect with your network.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue and tried to complete that step on 3 different devices with the same result. What is the solve?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved it...

Somehow the Initials have to be 3 letters (not 2... WHY?!?). 

It worked for me when I combined the 1st letter of my first name and the first 2 of my last name

Mathieu Robitaille = MRO

Good Luck

M

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MathieuR Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to setup your Aria scale properly. Thank you for posting the update here. Regarding your inquiry about the initials, 3 initials is a requirement so the scale recognizes each user in case 8 users use scale and avoid assigning the weights to the incorrect user.

Don't hesitate to get back whenever you're in doubts or need help! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just came across the same problem.  Wouldn’t it make sense to change the error message to indicate three characters are required?

Best Answer

@RayzBest Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting. I appreciate your feedback about the change of the error message since this helps us to keep improving.

I would like to follow up and would like to know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue:

- Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)?

- What is the make and model of your router?

In the meantime, make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm coming across this same problem, only problem is that I *only* have 2 initials in my name, and my friend has 4, so neither one of us can put our initials in properly. Is there a way this could get changed to have the minimum initials as 1 & max at 5? to allow for those with multiple middle/last/hyphenated names and those with no middle or last name to be able to go to the next setup step? Kind of annoying that there's an EXACT 3 initial requirement when not every one has a middle name, and not everyone has just 3 initials either. When would this get resolved? I was very disappointed that I couldn't get set up and hope this can be resolved soon, either where we can enter our entire first name in place of initials, or where the requirement isn't exactly 3 initials. Don't know who decided to have that exact character requirement but it's very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s painful indeed
I ended up using the first 3 letters of my name instead of initials, which was better in the end anyways as we have a few users in the house.
My aria scale is now dead as the weight started to fluctuate and the reset wouldn’t fix it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip. 
I also was at a roadblock.

Best Answer
0 Votes