Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbitting with "Man's Best Friend" (upload dog photos here)

ANSWERED

We live in "Steinbeck country" (Salinas Valley/Monterey County), named after the famous author John Steinbeck. And just as Steinbeck documented his journeys with his beloved dog in "Travels with Charlie", I'm going to photojournal in this thread my "Travels with Melody".

A lot has changed in Salinas since the days of Steinbeck. But some things haven't changed that much. Today we visited the childhood home of Steinbeck, which has been restored to its original beauty.

DSC_0045 resize.jpg

Down the street from the Steinbeck House is the Steinbeck Public Library, with a bronze statue of the author at the front entrance. I don't think Melody's ever seen a statue before. At first she was puzzled that he didn't greet her - or even flinch one little bit.DSC_0047 resize.jpg

Then she surprised me and became downright ornery!

DSC_0069 resize.jpg

So I took her back to to dog training school for some proper obedience training. Of course, she passed with flying colors.

DSC_0018 resize.jpg

Please share photos of your fitbitting friends here!

Best Answer
844 REPLIES 844

@rightdx @paperfox That puppy bus id to die for! Heart

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Had some Memorial Day fun with Chewbacca, who is PETR's sister.

chewbacca.jpg

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Sunday was a great day for our monthly Bully Walk! We had our dogs, Ace and Dodger, as well as our new foster Buddy. He's the sheperd mix with the big adorable ears and he's available for adoption! 

Photo credit to Noemi Thomas Photography

Cooling off in the river:

1524840_487011834790692_916635401950375843_n.jpg

THis is part of the group:

11329744_487014808123728_758919205736139275_n.jpg

Ace and Buddy, it's a race for the lead!

11329770_487010218124187_4032221460036506834_n.jpg

Dodger:

11377191_487010178124191_3918498006796604602_n.jpg

11234863_487011451457397_5829783990147438590_n.jpg

This is my favorite pic! My son and his dog both have the same expression!

11139990_487013351457207_1587296910900947942_n.jpg

Best Answer

sbauer77,

Looks like you had a great time.  Nice photos.  I like the last one of your son too.

They do say that owners take on the appearance of their pets.  To borrow another internet pic, here are some examples:

130668-130241[1].jpg

Best Answer

Those bog boys look like they are having a blast @sbauer77

@EmersonFitbit That name is very appropriate, I must say. 

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Very cool pictures @sbauer77Smiley Very Happy @EmersonFitbit Chewbacca, sooo cute! Heart

@rightdx Hahahahaha, I agree and those pictures are hilarious!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I love Chewbacca Heart

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I thought you were talking about me Robot Frustrated Jajajaja @EmersonFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aww all the dogs in this thread are really cute, I love them Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@helenarriaza wrote:

Melody may be the only dog keeping me from being a 100% Cat lady. 

I have a cat under 2 years old, I rescued her from the hard life of the the streets when she was a few weeks old. She grew up with the dog and when was a kitten used to sleep with the dog which is an Australian Border Collie. As living arrangements have changed she does not get to see the dog all the time, but when she does she smooches all over him, and they play together. So don't be afraid to get a cat if you want one, unless your dog does not like cats.

Best Answer

@HelenaFitbit here the picture of the Australian border collie we have.

IMG_20121122_012712_1024x732.jpg

Above picture of Spud was not long after a clipping. And now we did name him, he cam from a broken marriage.

And from another post I made in this thread here is my cat I rescued (was about 4 weeks old then), picture taken only few weeks ago.

IMG_2593_1024x682.JPG

Her and the dog get along like a house on fire, best of friends.

Best Answer

Those eyes! Smiley Wink

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I love your cat and dog. One day, I want to have a black cat Cat Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Beautiful pets @SunsetRunner! I used to have a black cat like that! She was a super mom! Cat Embarassed

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

This is my canine FitBit buddy, Kibbles. Got my FitBit lasy week and loving it so far. I need to drop about 50 pounds and he doesn't, so I imagine some of my steps will be solo.  🙂Kibbles

Best Answer

@Jill-e-bean What a beautiful dog! And I love the name! I think Kibbles will be fit very soon. 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbitthanks, forgot to mention I found my cat in an abandon lounge in a car park area in block flats were my mum used to live, and the mother cat left her between the cushion and arm rest. here is a picture not long after I found her

20130118_192110_1024x804.jpg

She learnt to eat very quickly and learnt cat food tastes like crap and I prefer what dad is eating, and it amazing what she will eat. And now she just a little monster, wants in on everything, steals what ever she can just so it on the floor. She growing up to be an amazing cat.  The lady at the Vets that desexed her said ferral cats are the ones that are surprising make the best companion(pet), and she **ahem** right there.

ANyway that enough my ramblings, @SilviaFitbit hope you get you black cat soon 😉

Best Answer

@LucyAP I had Nikita desexed when she was at the earliest age to have her too, and micro chipped and all at the same time.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I have 2 dogs and 2 (official) cats, unnofficially I have 3 other pregnant cats, so I'll have over a dozen in a week or so Smiley LOL 

Best Answer

She is lovely! Here's Marshmellow having the guest room's bed all to herself. 

IMG-20150527-WA0000.jpg

Best Answer