Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 steps per hour wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is showing I've met my 250 steps for the last 7 hours; however, the app is showing I've only met my 250 steps for 5 of the 7 hours.  What could be the issue?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

It's great to welcome you @anjc1977. Have you checked if your app updated? If you haven't, I recommend updating your iOS Fitbit app by following @MarreFitbit's instructions in the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? post.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is also being discussed in the charge 2 forum, since this is an app error this should really be in the proper app forum. Posting in the hardware forum wont tell us which app the user is using. This gives us nothing to go on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue - I've set up to track 250+ steps for 14 hours, and all too often the Blaze shows that I've completed an hour but the Android app shows that hour as incomplete.

It seems to happen more often when the 250 steps are completed late in the hour (perhaps it doesn't sync again during that hour?).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information guys @Rich_Laue@LincolnHyde and @hollyhock.

I want to let you know that this inconvenience has been escalated to our team and that they are working in finding a fix to this. Your patience will be appreciated in this case.

See you around. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Looking forward to a solution to this annoying issue. I've had my Blaze for 1 week & this has now happened on 3 separate days, today included.Smiley Sad

Best Answer

it also happening to me on my iPhone.  its happened at least twice in the last week. 

Best Answer

Hey Guys,

I just bought my FITBIT BLAZE, hope this community and the problems and the resolutions will help a lot .. keep doing it .... Kudos to Fitbit for such a good one

Best Answer

For what it's worth, the error is still occurring in the 17.8.401.3 firmware update.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! Every time I get the full 12 hours it never says I do when I sync it! 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've figured it out. I catch a bus at 8:03 every morning, so I start walking at 8:00 sharp - and the Blaze shows that I've completed the 250 steps, so I return to the bus stop and wait.

This morning, I started walking at 8:01 rather than 8:00, and the app recorded the walk successfully.

I think the Blaze starts each hour at x:00:00, and the app starts each hour at x:01:00, so any steps in the first minute of each hour are either not counted or counted towards the prior hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, hope you are doing ok. Woman Happy

As mentioned in my previous post, this problem has been escalated to our team. They are working really hard in finding a solution for this inconvenience, I really hope this can be fixed as soon as possible.

See you around. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem,Blaze says 10 out of 10   app says 8 out of 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @chasingfurkids. Could you please check your app one more time? Since this inconvenience has already been resolved. If you continue having issues, let me know.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure the app is at its latest version

Best Answer

I have the most updated version of the app, and I'm still having this problem. My Fitbit watch showed that I met my 250+ steps 10/10 twice this week. My app shows that I missed one hour on two different days this week. (After syncing it fully...all of the other data matches.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Forums @EllaRose and thanks for the update with this issue, I just want to let you know that our team is working hard finding a solution for this inconvenience. I recommend checking this post where our friend @CallieM is providing updates about this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes