Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Ski Tracks to Fitbit devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn’t fitbit add ski tracks to its compatible app? I noticed that you can use ski tracks with an apple watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It would be impossible to add every exercise out there.

Use Workout mode when not listed and rename when it syncs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

It would be impossible to add every exercise out there.

Use Workout mode when not listed and rename when it syncs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

I think it would be great to have several options to exercises. Please take a look at the Add Skiing to Activities request, vote for it and leave your comment. But in the meantime, you can follow our friend's recommendation and manually add it by doing the following from the Fitbit app:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Not Every exercise but at least the most common ones. Samsung has all the sports that i ever needed and more. Why can't Fitbit add it? Skinning is very common winter sport. Then snowboarders can use it too. 

They have Martial arts as exercise but no skiing...

Best Answer

Thats the whole point of waring a device. Do not have to manually enter common sports.

I need to use another device or app to calculate the speed, time and everything else then manually reentered in the app.

Just doesn't make sense. 

Best Answer

Hello @MichoMarinOff and welcome to the Community.  You posted in the Blaze forum, a device that's been discontinued for several years.  Fitbit added downhill skiing to the Versa 4 and Sense 2 exercise shortcuts.  Time to treat yourself to an updated model?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Didn't check the dates on the post 🙂 I just switched from Samsung  to Fitbit due to Samsung poor battery life. I got the inspire 3 but seems very limited to common sports. 

Best Answer

The Sense 2 and Versa 4 got an updated, expanded exercise shortcut list.  They have 40 exercise shortcuts, compared to the 20 or so on other devices.  The Inspire 3 is more of an entry level tracker.  Only you can decide if an exchange will meet your needs.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

So Its not coming on the inspire 3?

I choose this one since i can carry it as a bracelet under my working gloves. Getting sense or versa is not a problem, the problem is can't really wear them while working construction. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your Inspire 3 has Outdoor Workout in the Exercise Shortcut list, try that.  Fitbit describes it as designed for non-step based activities like kayaking and downhill skiing.  I know it’s on other current trackers.  It might meet your needs.

No one knows if Fitbit is going to add the new shortcuts to existing devices.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

While it's impossible to ad every exercise out there they can at least add the most common like skiing and snowboarding. With GPS/ or connected gps it will give information like speed (maximum, minimum, average, trail map, elevation and etc. Garmin, Samsung, Apple and other makers have it and in general this is what makes lot of people to return the Fitbit and stick to other devices.  

Best Answer