Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Rowing" in the exercises list

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can track my elliptical, but my rower only logs as walking at best. Is there a chance we could add rowing to the list of options. Clearly not on the water just a rowing machine in the garage.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi there @Androod! Great to see you in the Fitbit Community!

At the moment, since Rowing is not added to the  exercises shortcuts list, I can recommend tracking that activity with the "Workout" option. Once you finish and sync your tracker to your account, you can go into the exercises log section and choose the latest exercise which will appear as a workout and you will see the option to re categorize the exercise as something else and there you can choose "Rowing".

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have tried that. I row 3 to 4 times a week ,using charge HR . Fails to register HR accurately and constantly. Would be really helpful if one would get important data relevant to rowing such as split time and meters rowed. Would be a game changer for fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi there @hd57. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community!

I totally understand where your're coming from and I totally agree with you.

In the menatime, I was able to find these two suggestions in the Feature Suggestions board for tracking rowing in a more efficient way. Feel free to add your vote and any comments you may have.

Check  the suggestions here:

-SmartTrack - Rowing

-Track rowing data - Strokes, SPM, Time

Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit I'm really disappointed - one vote is 2 years old and is locked out as "not planned",

another one is half year old, left without attention. I assume same destiny for it as it just repeats the rejected one.

There is an answer on the forum which marked as a "solution" to log them manually. It's so brilliant, you don't even need a smartwatches, just paper.

But most ridiculous thing is not erg/rowing popular exercise but existence of "Martial Arts" activity in smart tracking for my Ionic. This one looks like a joke - I can't imagine Karate, Jujitsu or Kendo equally recognized and performed with wrist watches, I'm sorry but I have questions to people implementing this absurd.

Best Answer

Why no Rowing machine erg exercise? Please we need this! 

Best Answer

Please add the Rowing as one of the exercises in Fitbit Blaze.

Best Answer

I don't know what kind of rower you are using however the gym I go to has the Concept 2.  I found a work around for now. 

If you are using a concept machine you could use the following; 

1.  Go to https://log.concept2.com/login and create an account. 

2.  Once you have an account created you will want to connect your Logbook to your Fitbit.

3.  Go to your Concept profile page and click on Edit Profile.

4.  Once you've done that, select Applications and then follow the instructions.

5.  From that point on, any workout which is added to the Logbook will then go straight through to Fitbit. 

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
Thank you for sharing. I do have the concept 2. Have been using over a year. I did what you suggested. What do I need to do on the Fitbit app on my iPhone to enable it to pull data from the log book ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Once you set up for the Concept LogBook Application to sync to Fitbit, as
soon as you enter your data at the end of your rowing it will automatically
sync over to your Fitbit app on your next sync schedule. There is also a
Concept app that you can download of Apple or Android that will sync also.

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ergdata/id561716382?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concept2.ergdata

--

~DeAnn M. McDonald~
Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you set up for the Concept LogBook Application to sync to Fitbit, as soon as you enter your data at the end of your rowing into the LogBook it will automatically sync over to your Fitbit app on your next sync schedule.    There is also a Concept app that you can download of Apple or Android that will sync also.

Apple:  ErgData
Android:  ErgData
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rowing is the main aerobic sport where both legs work as one, in parallel and, ideally, in view of symmetry. However demands to the upper body, made by a rower's single blade edge or the overlapping handles of sculling paddles, are asymmetrical. Rowing is also exceptionally planar, with athletes striving to go quickly one way. What's more, the perseverance idea of paddling requires high mileage training. Taken together, these parts of the game suggest potential advantages to be picked up from some functional fitness training. Below are 4 TRX Moves to Improve Your Rowing Performance:
1-TRX Chest Press
2-TRX Front Squat
3-TRX Suspended Lunge
4-TRX Low Rows
https://www.coretrainingtips.com/trx-workout-strengthen-whole-body-improve-fitness-30-minutes/

Best Answer

Yes you can change it to 'rowing machine'. But it would be nice if you can edit other things too such as distance.. right now the only thing you can edit is the exercise name (doesn't make any sense).

Best Answer

To add to the confusion I am visually impaired so not having to fiddle around with the application would be great and split times would be great

Best Answer

I requested the auto track feature for rowing several years ago, I was surprised when I came back to Fitbit to find that it still had not been implemented. I love my new Fitbit versa 2 but would be ecstatic if it would automatically track my rowing sessions, once in a while it will track 1 of my sessions as elliptical but sometimes not. I am blind so am not able to fiddle around with the Fitbit itself due to it not being accessible
so with no way to initiate a session on the touch screen I am left without the ability to choose a workout option. Please please please implement this I would be so grateful

Best Answer

Yes Rowing to the exercise list would be a great plus for fit bit. With a tracker like when you run.

Best Answer

Yes, with Rowing ERG Data would be best. Thanks.

Best Answer

I connect my C2 Logbook to Strava, then Strava feeds my Fitbit Versa/Garmin Fenix. Really have to go through C2 Logbook then your Fitness Tracker watch. I would trust C2 Logbook data than any other source of data for indoor Rowing, so it's ok to just feed on from C2 Logbook to either Fitbit/Garmin Fitness Tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to manually adjust the calories/have that translated to steps? I know I burn about 190c for a 5k row, but my Versa3 logged only 36c burn. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes