Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added weather functionality

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would anyone else love to see the fitbit app to provide local weather data to the Blaze as well?  I think something simple that wouldnt bog down Blaze processor or available RAM would be great.  Maybe Hi / Lo and general daily forcast (sunny, rain, etc.)

With the blaze being this hybrid smartwatch/fitness tracker I would love to see some simple additions like this that could add "value" to everyone's experience without much tradeoff.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great idea, take a look at thia feature request.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Yes, some basic apps are a must.

Best Answer

Great idea, take a look at thia feature request.

Best Answer
I can not see FitBit adding that to the watch when we can not get something so simple as a few new faces. I do not think you will see any real improvements and hopefully they will just fix some bugs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you're wrong because if you're not Fitbit is not long for this world.  When you look at Garmin and their upcoming offerings, complete with their own APP store, well.....  I mean really for Fitbit to compete with a one-trick pony, Fitness gadgets, it better get some apps if not an app store like Garmin. In a world where there will be cheap step trackers and smart watches, you need to add value to have people come back and pay a premium price.  

Best Answer

Please know that we're exploring a number of possible features to these existing ones for Blaze, in addition to bug fixes and stability enhancements. More to come in the future, but like @Rich_Laue mentioned earlier, Feature Request section is amongst the first places our developers check for popular requests! Robot Happy

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
Ironically, I just got my Blaze today. I was disappointed when I noticed that it didn't have a weather app. I go out first thing in the morning to feed the community animals and always use my Garmin Vivosmart to determine if I need a jacket. I wish I had noticed that when deciding to buy the Blaze.
Best Answer
Weather app would be fantastic!!!!!
Best Answer
Yes, this would be an excellent addition. Maybe also hopefully it will be added on the next update.
Best Answer
If you have android, go to play store and search for fit notifications. This third party app allows you to get notifications from any app on your phone. It is fairly easy to set up. I set mine to give me notifications from my preferred weather app.
Best Answer
Please get a weather app.. ;+)
Best Answer
I don't want my Fitbit to have a weather feature. My fitness device is about recording my activity
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mimichic@EwaB@Grit-Girl and @SunsetRunner welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Request board, our product developers review this board constantly to improve Fitbit products and services. Take a moment to vote and add your comments to the idea shared by @Rich_Laue@KSimmarano and @J-flex it's great to have you here! 

Let me know if you have any questions! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I live in Colorado and the weather changes by the minute. I would benefit significantly from having weather on my Fitbit. Let's make this happen!
Best Answer

Hello @BrittaM hope you are having a wonderful day! 🙂 I know this feature will be great and really helpful. Take a moment to add your vote and comment on the idea. You can also share the idea with friends and family. To share a specific Idea, click on the “Permalink” hyperlink to the bottom right of any idea post. Copy the URL in the address bar and send it to the person(s) of your choice. The more votes it gets more opportunities it has to be noticed by our developers. 

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Than buy a flex. We get the Blaze for the extra features. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No one asked for your opinion, others want it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to see the temp on my Charge 2 Fitbit.  Would be helpful as well.

"Be chillinZ like a Penguin cause this is the way"
Best Answer

Would love to be able to see the weather on both my Charge 2 an Blaze. I did have a much much less expensive watch that had a weather icon on that notified you of the temp plus rain cloud or Sun for that day. 

UK. Samsung A5 2017, Blaze, Charge 2 an before them fitbit flex and iPhone.
Best Answer