Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All About Fitbit Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

blaze

This board is for discussing the Fitbit Blaze tracker. You can learn more about Blaze and its features on the Blaze product page, or by using Community Search to locate relevant topics. If you don't find what you're looking for, you can start a new topic to ask your question - be sure to use a descriptive subject line and include details that might help others to assist you.

The following are answers to some common questions about Fitbit Blaze:

Device Basics 

What is Fitbit Blaze?

Fitbit Blaze is a Smart Fitness Watch, designed to track your day's activity while matching your personal style. It has been built with revolutionary features like PurePulse heart rate tracking, Connected Exercise, SmartTrack activity recognition, on-screen workouts, and more. 

What comes in the box?

Along with the Blaze tracker itself, you'll receive a charging cable, your choice of wristband color, and a metal frame to connect the tracker and band.

How long does Blaze's battery last?

Your fully charged Blaze should last up to 5 days with continuous heart rate monitoring and activity tracking before needing a recharge.

How big is Blaze's display, and what is the display made of?

Fitbit Blaze has a screen size of 31.75mm diagonally, with a display area of 25.38x19.04mm. The display offers 16-bit color at a resolution of 240x180 pixels. The screen is scratch resistant and is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

How does data get from Blaze to my account?

Your Blaze will automatically sync throughout the day via integrated Bluetooth whenever it is within range of a compatible mobile device or your computer.

Do I need to have a smartphone to use the Fitbit Blaze?

No, you can sync and use all tracker functions through a computer.

Is the Fitbit app compatible with my mobile device?

The Fitbit app is compatible with over 200 iOS, Android, and Windows devices. If you don't see your device on the list check back soon; we're continually improving our device compatibility.

What type of contact notifications can I see on Blaze?

When connected with your smartphone, Blaze can display incoming calls and text messages, as well as calendar entries.

Tracking Your Activity

What does Blaze track?

Blaze will track your steps, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, heart-rate, sleep, and exercise stats.

How does Blaze track my steps?

Fitbit trackers use a 3-axis accelerometer to understand your motions. By analyzing acceleration data, our trackers provide detailed information about frequency, duration, intensity, and patterns of movement to determine your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality. For more information see How does my tracker count steps?

How does Blaze track my floors?

To count floors your Blaze uses an altimeter, which is sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Blaze registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. For more information see How does my tracker count floors?

How does Blaze track my heart rate?

Using an optical heart rate monitor against your wrist, Blaze measures your beats per minute whether you're exercising or at rest. The heart rate icon you see on the display tells you if you're in one of three heart rate zones. For more information about heart rate zones see Heart Rate FAQs.

How does Blaze track my sleep?

The motion sensor on your Blaze analyzes your movement patterns to determine whether you're asleep, restless, or awake. We use this data to calculate your sleep efficiency. You don’t need to press any buttons or otherwise enter a “sleep mode” to begin tracking sleep. Simply wear your Blaze to bed.

Will Blaze remind me to move?

We were excited to announce Reminders to Move on Fitbit Alta, which will help keep you active with hourly mini-goals. We’re also working to make this feature available in a future firmware release for Fitbit Blaze, but don’t yet have an estimated delivery date.

Can I track my FitStar workouts on Blaze?

Yes, you'll be able to start a FitStar workout on your tracker and receive step-by-step instructions and coaching right on the display. (Learn more about FitStar here)

Do you need a FitStar account to use the FitStar app on Blaze?

No. Three standard FitStar workouts are available on the device without a FitStar account.

Does Blaze have GPS, like the Fitbit Surge?

Using Connected Exercise, Blaze utilizes your smartphone's GPS to map your routes and deliver real-time activity stats like distance and pace during your walks, runs, and bike rides. It does not have a built-in GPS, so you will need your mobile device nearby to use this feature.

Can I wear my Blaze while swimming?

Fitbit Blaze is rain, sweat, and splash proof. We recommend that you do not swim or shower while wearing Blaze.

Can I use my Blaze for cycling or other non-step-based activities?

Though Blaze is most accurate for step-based activities like walking and running, you can receive credit and estimated caloric burn for any activity you log using the Exercise mode on your Blaze. You can also manually log activities on your dashboard.

Does Blaze have a stopwatch or countdown timer?

Yes, Blaze has both of these features.

Ordering

What colors and sizes will Blaze come in?

Blaze can be purchased with a ⦿ black⦿ blue, or ⦿ plum wristband.

• Small fits a wrist between 5.5 - 6.7 inches in circumference (140 - 170 mm).
  • Large fits a wrist between 6.7 - 8.1 inches in circumference (170 - 206 mm).
  • Extra Large fits a wrist between 8.1 - 9.3 inches in circumference (206 - 236 mm).

Can I purchase alternate wristbands for Blaze?

Yes, Blaze has interchangeable bands. The tracker will ship with a classic band, with leather or metal wristbands available for pre-ordered in the Fitbit Store.

How much will Fitbit Blaze and its accessory wristbands cost?

• Fitbit Blaze - $199.95 USD
  • Classic high-performance elastomer band - $29.95 USD (included with Blaze)
  • Luxe premium leather band with stainless steel frame - $99.95 USD
  • Luxe stainless steel link band with stainless steel frame - $129.95 USD

When can I order my Blaze?

Blaze is currently available for pre-order, and can be found in the Fitbit Store.

When will my pre-order purchase be charged to my credit card?
Your card will be charged when your order ships.

*Excluding New Zealand

Is there an upgrade/trade-in program?

No, Fitbit does not currently offer a tracker exchange program.

When will Blaze begin shipping to customers and retailers?

Blaze is scheduled to begin shipping in March, 2016.

When will Blaze be localized for international markets?

Localized versions of Fitbit Blaze will be available in March for all regions except China, Japan, and Korea; Blaze will be in these markets soon after.

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0