Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization failed on Windows 10 laptop

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to reinstall my operatin system and now when I reinstalled the desktop app for Fitbit and try to sign on it tells me "authorization failed"

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @CCputerguy as of October 13, 2022 Fitbit discontinued the Fitbit Connect for computers. You'll need a compatible phone or tablet.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, don't that just frost my flakes. Been using the desktop Windows version for 4 years and now they no longer suport it. Bummer. I don't think I'll go with Fitbit for my next smart watch.

Best Answer

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi CCputerguy, 
I have the same problems (desktop, Windows 10) with "authorization failed" errmsg. I know my password but, following some other posts, I went ahead and reset it via the online app. I have not used my desktop Fitbit app in a while but wanted to replace my playlists and, of course, my .mp3 library is on my desktop.  Other than that, I couldn't care less for the desktop Fitbit app as I can still access my Fitbit stuff online.  The desktop app was very clumsy to begin with when it comes to loading the watch with selected music/playlists but now it looks like I will be stuck with whatever I managed to load into the watch a year+ ago...   is just as frustrating; I've done that twice and, both times, it was a struggle with loading up the music (I need my music for my workouts, or just when I'm doing chores around the house).  There was zero help from support as well; I got more info from the users' posts that actual tech support.

Moderator Edit: Formatting / Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes