Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto track on Fitbit Blaze not consistent

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 

I'm fairly new to activity trackers,

I've been using the Blaze since early May and I'm pretty impressed.

I tend to manually start tracking exercise if I'm out on my bike, teaching group-ex class or working out on my own but a number of occasions now when I've neglected to manually track my workouts, the auto recognition feature hasn't recorded the activity. 

It has recognised the increased rate of activity and the calorie expenditure but it hasn't synced a workout on the dashboard as it has previously or as it continues to do with lower, more moderate intensity workouts. 

If the activity is sustained and at a level of exertion such as a dynamic walk, light cycle or even an hour's graft in the garden it always recognises the activity and makes a pretty good stab at categorising the type of activity be it walking, bike or generic aerobic workout.

But on a number of occasions recently, at least 3 I would say I've performed 45-60mins intense peak cardio training, neglected to start the exercise feature with the appropriate activity and it hasn't found its way onto the dashboard at all.

This morning for instance I taught group Cycle with a calorific expenditure of 650 over four 15min intervals- I forgot to hit go at the start of the class- no biggie as I expected the auto feature will pick it up but unfortunately it hasn't been recorded as exercise at all.

Is there any reason for this? 

Thanks in advance for anyon responding to my post.

Cheers

Beanhead  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Community @Beanhead. It's weird to hear that the SmartTrack feature is not working. Have you tried to restart your Blaze? If you haven't, I recommend performing a restart, then test the Blaze. 

Also, keep in mind that you can always manually log your activities if the tracker isn't picking them up by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the "+" icon

2. Tap Track Exercise

3. Enter the name of the exercise and more information

4. Tap Log It

5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer