Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back button does not work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Just a week after my warranty expired, the back button on my fitbit blaze stopped working. It does not respond even if I press it multiple times (20-30). I use only the blaze for my stop watch so not having the button working is annoying because if I open something else accidentally (after the battery dies and I recharge the device), the only "solution" I found to my problem is to change the watch phase and force restart of the device. I tried resetting the button but nothing happens - the button does not work. It is interesting because if I shutdown the device completely, and press the button, it powers on immediately so the button actually works, until the device boots up. I have the latest software (the update option in the fitbit app is not available). Please advise if there is anything else I could do.

Regards,

Basem

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried to clean the button?

Please see this thread from @AlejandraFitbit
Clean Buttons

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hello Wendy,

I did try to clean it at first and unfortunate did not make any difference. The device is clean. I rarely use it and it just stopped working. The button does not work when the device is on but when it is powered off and I press it, it powers on the devices from the first press. 

Regards,

Basem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7VDEPO66DE this is basically the problem I have and indeed it happen after an update.The physical button works 100% of the time while the device is off and I power it on and it does not work 99.9% of the time while the device is on. Shame on fitbit for breaking this. A week after my warranty expired. I have been using the blaze ever since then like that. I would never ever buy a product again from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes