Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Accessory Bands in XL

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've ordered the Blaze with the XL size band. However due to a severe skin reaction from the band on the Surge I would like to get the Leather band, but there does not seem to be an XL size, which due to my superbly muscled and powerful forearms and wrists (Shhh I'm allowed to dream) I would prefer to get.

While the Surge Large band was not overly tight, it was a snug fit and I would like a little more room to play with. Are there any plans to bring out an XL size Leather band anytime soon, preferably in the Grey or Black colour (and yes we spell color colour down here 🙂 )

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner We have a spell check option in the forums, it's just above the text box. You may have accidentally added a vowel in the word "color." I kid, of course. 

I'm not entirely sure what the availability of XL bands will be for accessories, but I'll report back when I have that information! Robot Happy

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

One of the main reasons I want to pre-order the Blaze is because of the metal band option. When getting ready to pre-order today, the metal band is one size fit all. Unfortunately, the one size does not include the XL span of size. Is Fitbit looking to offer the metal in a XL? Can you order extra links to expand the metal band?

Best Answer

Nice catch @Tinman50

Hope there's a official answer soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmersonFitbit would you have any insight with XL bands?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't say for sure but I believe in the past Fitbit has added XL sizes to the online store only. Not sure if they will do it for the link bracelet or sell extra links.

Maybe you could buy extra links on Amazon or at a watch store. Not sure if all link bracelets have the same size links.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner We have a spell check option in the forums, it's just above the text box. You may have accidentally added a vowel in the word "color." I kid, of course. 

I'm not entirely sure what the availability of XL bands will be for accessories, but I'll report back when I have that information! Robot Happy

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

The leather and metal band need a complete frame, whereas the regular fitbit classic band is just the interchangeable strap. Is there any reason why the leather strap can't be bought without the whole metal  frame 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess would be that because of the band design Fitbit waa unable to use the quick change pins, or decided to use solid pins that are pushed in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dreams can become real.

workout

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had my Surge for a week now, but find the strap is too tight.
Had a look for larger straps but none available, so it'll have to go back.
Yesterday I tried my sons Blaze and found the large strap was longer than the Surge large strap, also the face was much clearer for me to read
Looking at the Fitbit website, I see there is one Blaze with XL strap
Best Answer

I have the same issue. Just bought the blaze online thinking if the large was all there is, then it must be large enough. It barely fits on the last hole, would like to know if there is a larger band also.

Best Answer

Alas it does not appear that there is an XL size yet in either the Leather or the New Nylon strap as yet. Also given that they haven't updated their spell checker to spell colour correctly yet Smiley Tongue it may be a while if ever. Still I'll keep waiting with bated breath on the possible eventuality that there will be an XL size added. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Maybe they're only designed for skinny fit people. The XL 11.5" strap on my Blaze is fine for my 9" wrist.

Pity they dint speek Inglish like as wot we duzz 😉

Best Answer

Yes, only cater to the people who need it least.

Best Answer

Just spoke with customer service apparently there are no XL bands available for the Blaze. Can anyone provide any advice for a quality band in that size? @EmersonFitbit

Best Answer

Not that I have found. I tried ordering a replacement L\G band on Amazon since mine broke that came from Fitbit. My fitbit L\G band when I bought it fit only the last hole, I had gotten down my weight some and I was at about the 4th hole in. The replacement band was also much more sweaty against hand and made my wrist peel. Since only one of the straps was broken, I put back on the good original fitbit band and it fits better. Having both bands on, I can also tell that the non original band side of my wrist still seems to sweat more. 

The band I bought gave the same wrist size measurements, but it was significantly smaller. I've heard of others trying to custom fit\tweak watch bands.

Fitbit band (detached) was much longerFitbit band (detached) was much longerFitbit band was widerFitbit band was wider

Best Answer