Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze Heart Rate Monitor not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So two updates ago my heart rate monitoring started to play up. It stopped working on auto so I tried 'on' and my five day battery life went to less than a day. I went to the forums and rebooted the blaze, this did nothing. HR kept being intermittent. The next update stopped my blaze HR working altogether and despite shutting down the blaze and restarting, changing the settings from the dashboard and rebooting nothing works. Now I have a blaze which I initially loved to a blaze that is edging ever close to the bin.Oh, and one day the blaze was burniing my wrist as the green lights seemed to be in overload. Now only one green light appears to be working. This is really disappointing...I used to have a surge which I found a little cumbersome but worked but was also a little large and clunky so the I was really happy with the smaller and refined blaze.I only bought the blaze as a replacement because the surge strap deteriorated and broke. Now I have two fitbit products that are not worth anything. As I said this is disappointing, following the purchase of the blaze, I bought my whole family different fitbits so that we could compare stats and gee each other up. Can someone please offer a solution that actually works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I've been having the same problem over the last few days. It started with the heart rate monitor getting really hot, I actually had two small burns on my wrist. Since then, the heart rate monitor only works sporadically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @SQ1 and @SQ1.

@SQ1 Thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourself, it sounds that you have already tried all the steps possible to fix this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance. Now @SunsetRunner, I am sorry to hear about your Blaze discomfort, we recommend removing the tracker and consulting your dermatologist. We have co-developed a wear and care guide with a board of dermatologists to help wearers make the best of their time with their trackers. Conditions are different for everyone, and even with proper care some may experience a reaction due to other environmental or biological factors.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery is either not holding a charge or dying. I have had to charge it three times today. Also it has not recorded any sleep since last Thursday. What is the expected life of the blaze battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes