Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Accuracy w/o Phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I love to run... without all the bells and whistles. I do not run with a phone and assumed the fitbit would help me track my pace and mileage without my phone. After running with a friend who also has the Blaze, we realized our mileage was off from each others by a half mile! So we each ran with our phones 2x so it could set to our pace and be more accurate (my friend read that would help). I am still feeling that the pace and mileage are off. I ran much faster in mile 3 today than mile 1, but was given the same split. And on Sunday, our 8 mile run was still about .25 miles off from each other. How can I improve the accuracy of my Blaze without needing to run with my phone (with the need for the phone, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the watch)?

On that note... it would be wonderful if the mile splits synced to the app when running without a phone. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You need to set your running stride as described in Fitbit help. Note that if you run faster or slower than the stride you enter, say on a recovery run, that will introduce errors. See the last three paragraphs in the running section of this review for info. A gps running watch is your best bet, if you want Fitbit tracker+GPS then I'd pass on the Surge and wait for the next generation GPS watch to rollout (hopefully this fall, I don't have any inside info).

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes