Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Drain

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze battery drains in 4 hours after a full charge. Tried restarting it but it did not work.

Need help, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update @Joseph357.

Since the troubleshoot provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Mine lasts longer than that but is an unacceptable rate which I have corresponded with FitBit to no avai.

Best Answer

From my previous experience, they just repeated a solution despite it did not work. I wish if they could identify if it is a hardware or software problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Joseph357 and @StourPower it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. If you are having issues with your trackers holding a charge, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provide there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Fitbit for the response and the link to your standard solutions.

However, I have tried everything that the Blaze still drains flat after 4 hours with full charge.

It does not explain why it has been working fine with the previous settings for just over two years and sudden the battery gives up.

I would rather hope to know the life expectancy of Fitbit battery. If it is two years, then I know it is time to change battery or throw away the watch. It is rather frustrating that there is no service centre in Hong Kong. It is an expensive watch if it lasts just for 26 months.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Joseph357.

Since the troubleshoot provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for picking this up. Looking forward to the solutions to resolve the Blaze problem from the Support Team.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The reply did not answer my questions and is rather useless. It just said the warranty is over. In fact, I have never asked for a replacement. I was asking why the battery goes dead in 26 months in a US$250 watch.

No response of how it can be repaired or to replace with a new battery. There is no repair service centre in Hong Kong. It sounds ironic in the reply by telling me that the battery is built to 'LAST'. People with common sense knows that rechargeable batteries have a designed life expectancy due to the chemistry characteristics of current technology. The 'moderator' should ask your engineer before putting the ridiculous message on the public forum which becomes a laughing stock to your customers. You should tell your customers the number of charges the battery can do in its life time. It should be longer than 26 months and your database should have the charging record of my Blaze.

By the number of similar complaints in the Fitbit community, my conclusion is that the Blaze watch has serious design and quality problems. It is a huge disappointment.

Good luck if nothing is going to be changed except empty words and replacing faulty products to frustrating customers. As I said in early communication, I would say goodbye to my Blaze and the Fitbit brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, My son has had his Fitbit Blaze for approximately 3 years. He uses it every day, but the battery performance has dropped right off in the last 3 months and as a result it now doesn't last until dinner time from an overnight charge. He loves the watch and is really frustrated that it doesn't last all day.

We have tried all the power saving tips listed in the moderator reply to Joseph357, but to no avail. What can we do next? Is there anyway we can change the battery? It's too expensive a watch to write off after only 3 years use.

Any help would be much appreciated, preferably before they return to school after the summer break.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

AlejandraFitbit Can you help us?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlejandraFitbit, can you have a look at my post below regarding my sons Blaze please. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze used to work very well but the last week or so, it drains from full charge to zero charge within 6 hours. Earlier it used to last for almost 5-6 days.

Best Answer

Not sure how to put in a new post on this board but I am having the same issue with my Blaze.  It used to last about 4 days but has been getting steadily worse.  Now it doesn't last 1 day.  I can charge it overnight (which means it is not monitoring sleep), put it on in the morning and I am getting low battery warnings by early evening.  I tried sending support an email on this a few days ago but heard nothing from them.  All I really use it for is as a watch and to track exercise but it is getting to be nearly worthless.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That stinks!  I don't know how to proceed if they don't respond to help.  
Bummer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Every Blaze owner is going to have a battery issue, however, I am surprised that there are only 29 votes for the Replaceable Battery request in Fitbit Community -> Help Forums -> Feature Suggestions.

Not that any Blaze owner is going to ever purchase another Fitbit product, but voting for the Replaceable Battery would be a proactive, albeit futile gesture.  Who knows this may send a huge message to Fitbit, but more likely to anyone thinking of purchasing a Fitbit product, that a replaceable battery is essential.  Whether it is user or manufacturer replaceable.

Everyone that has googled "Blaze replacement battery" has seen the videos showing that the Blaze's batteries are in fact replaceable.  One would think Fitbit would offer a Manufacturer Battery Replacement program for a reasonable fee, $25-$50. Keeping its customers happy and loyal.  Then when Fitbit releases a compelling new product (sorry the Ionic and Versa are not), loyal customers would willingly upgrade.  For example, how many Blaze owners previously owned a Charge HR?

Best Answer

Hi,

My blaze is having the same problem. The battery does not even hold for a day (half way through the day it completely drains out), although the product was supposed to hold battery for 5 days. It is embarrassing to wear one. Considering the amount of money paid to buy this product, I feel bad tossing it in a bin. Thoughts on how this can be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to Fitbit customer service, the only Fitbit that has a replaceable battery in the Zip.  All the other Fitbit products have batteries that cannot be replaced.  The is really not a smart move when you pay $200 or more to not have a battery replacement program.  If anyone is interested, send me a private message.  There is a national battery chain that does the replacement.

Best Answer