Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Life & Left Button Malfunction

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Blaze a few days ago and I've had to charge it multiple times. I charged it this morning before leaving for work (6:30am) almost to a full charge, and before 11am battery level is low (red). I have not done anything crazy, no exercise today and have only received a few text messages, no calls. 

Also, not sure if this is related in some way but the left "back" button does not seem to work. When I hit the other two buttons on the right they push in easily and I can see a little signal on the screen that they're being pushed. I am wondering if the Blaze is staying in some activated mode that is draining the battery since I cannot hit the back button? The back (left) button works perfectly fine when I remove the Blaze from the watch strap. Yes, it is installed in the watch strap correctly. I have been trying to get it to work since I got it last Friday.

Please help! I'm a Fitbit lover but if I'm afraid to ever look at it because of the battery draining then it's pointless! Thanks. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I should note too that sometimes if I push the left button hard enough/just right, then it will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem as this.

The battery was fully charged Sunday, by 9am it was flat yesterday. I charged it again last night and the battery is now on 4 bars.

The left button no longer works.

Have tried the left button, right button restart but it doesnt appear to do anything (pressed for 10-15) seconds.

It is out of warranty now and if I cannot get this issue resolved, I won't be buying another one. 

Firmware version is 17.8.402.1

It was working fine until i charged it Sunday, now it dies within 8 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @keeks1103 and @Matt_L it's great to see you around.

Thanks for troubleshooting this issues by yourselves. If your trackers buttons aren't working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the buttons. If this does not improve the buttons performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the buttons. After this restart your trackers.

About the battery, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you for your response.

I have emailed fitbit support who are assisting with the issue.

Kind regards

Matt

Ps, have tried the dust removal methods

Best Answer

Thank you for the advice. I had already contacted FitBit support after having my Blaze for about a week with this problem persisting. They were able to replace it and I have had zero issues since! 🙂 Love my Blaze!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Matt_L and @keeks1103.

I am glad to hear that you contacted our support team and that you will be receiving a replacement. At the moment of receiving the new tracker, you can do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Wink 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer