Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit blaze that is completely dead. I cannot charge the battery and when I plug it in, the screen turns on like normal, but even after I allow it time for a full charge, the battery says it is completely dead.  I think it needs a reset or something along those lines, but I can't utilize any of the buttons or anything like that because the battery is dead.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

Please Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @ASTHoneyBadger and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

If your tracker is not working while it is out of the charger, I recommend restarting your Blaze. Also, clean the charging contacts on the back of your Fitbit, since over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion. And finally, take a look at the Tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have done all of these. As I looked up troubleshooting. I have two different charges and have plugged them into different places image.jpg

And this is what I get regardless of which I'm using or where I plugging it into  

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @TinaA72 and thanks for the attachment. 

If you are seeing the battery icon, that means that your tracker is charging. It takes almost 2 hours to fully charge your Blaze. Have you leave it 2 hours charging? If you haven't, I recommend letting the tracker charge and them see how many days lasts a full battery.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I have tried that. I contacted support and they are issuing me a replacement. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That's good to hear @TinaA72. It is awesome to hear that you will be receiving a new Fitbit. You can follow the instructions provided here to set the replacement up from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Wink

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem where I just get the fitbit Icon and "www.fitbit.com\setup on the screen and the unit will not respond to any touches on screen or buttons.  I put in the charger and try on 2 chargers and a PC but never even get the battery icon, it is if the unit is hung and I can find no way to completely turn off and reset.  Any suggestions?  (I have contacted Fitbit and am awaiting a reply)

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @racer44. If you are seeing the fitbit.com/setup message on your tracker's display, that means that it is not paired yet. I recommend following the steps provided in my previous post from your Fitbit app to setup your Blaze.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for the followup.  I had tried that a couple of times on the iPad I was using with no success so I was able to solve the problem by going to my desktop PC that I had my Bluetooth adapter for my Surge connected to and was able to get it to complete the setup.  Once I was able to get into the settings on the Blaze itself I was able to turn on the Bluetooth Classic option at which point to started communicating fine with my the iPad and all is working now.   I'm working on the assumption that this iPad is old enough (series 1 I think) that it may not communicate with the default Bluetooth on the Blaze so you do need to have the Bluetooth Classic option on.    Hopefully this info helps others along the way.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @racer44, I am glad to hear that your Blaze is now working and thanks for sharing the steps you did. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting. Also, you can check our list of compatible mobile devices to see if your iPad is listed.

Happy stepping. Woman Wink

Best Answer

Thanks for the follow up.  Just to be clear, since I was a previous Surge user (went through two units where the battery failed in less than one year), I was very particular about taking are of my Blaze.  I kept it clean; regularly shut it down completely; turned off non-essential functions.  Yet, the battery "died" in 11 months.  So, my experience with FitBit has been pretty consistent ... the batteries just don't hold up.  If REI had not been so kind as to replace the one I bought in June, 2016, I'd be in the position of having to spend another $200 to replace my device.  If the one they provided for me fails in another year, I'd be in the same situation.  One should not have to spend $200 (or more) every year or two to replace a tracking device.  Has FitBit ever considered a "replaceable" rechargeable battery?

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @MelYow, Fitbit is always trying to improve the trackers and believe your feedback is much appreciated. I hope you don't experience this issue with your new Blaze.

Keep me posted if you need anything else. Woman Happy

Best Answer

My Blaze is doing the same thing. After awhile I can coax it into charging.   Additionally it won't sync anymore.  I have lost 2 days of data.

Best Answer

I have the same issue, I followed those cleaning steps yesterday and it still didn't work...I'm definitely going to call Customer Support!

Best Answer

I've got a similar problem with mine too Smiley Sad

Best Answer

It's great to see new faces @KRISHALL and @SunsetRunner, welcome!

I would like to know if you keep having issues with your Blaze battery life? If you do, please take a look at my previous post and follow the instructions provided there. Also, have you already received a reply from our support team?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Wink

Best Answer
No, I have not received a reply from support. Yours is the first. I am
still having issues with this tracker. Really becoming discourages withy
Fitbit. My HR lasted only a year also. It died and would not charge at all.
I like the Blaze, but an becoming disenchanted. $200 a year is a bit
much. YOu would expect to get more than a year out of the device. Kristina Hall
Best Answer
No, I have not received a reply from support. Yours is the first. I am
still having issues with this tracker. Really becoming discourages withy
Fitbit. My HR lasted only a year also. It died and would not charge at all.
I like the Blaze, but an becoming disenchanted. $200 a year is a bit
much. YOu would expect to get more than a year out of the device. Kristina Hall
Best Answer

As a follow up to my original post, I'd like to emphasize that I was EXTREMELY careful with my first Blaze to make sure it was always clean.  I kept non-essential functions turned off.  After about 8 months, it seemed like I had to charge the Blaze more frequently.  The problem got incrementally worse until it finally wouldn't hold a charge at all (about 11 months after purchase).  I took it back to REI, where I had purchased it, and they replaced it with an identical model.  (Thank you REI!).  My issue with FitBit is that following all of the recommendations for keeping the device clean, even charging it from a USB port on a computer, rather than an external charger, the device still didn't last a year.  It would be interesting to see statistics about the number of Blaze units sold versus how many "died" in a one-year period (or worse, 13 months after purchase so that the unit wouldn't be replaced under warranty!).  I have very little confidence that this replacement unit will last more than a year.  Rather than seeing posts encouraging users to follow specific cleaning guidelines (which puts the blame for device failure on the end user), I'd like to see posts indicating that engineers at FitBit are working on a solution to the problem ... better batteries, replaceable batteries, batteries that are "charged" by motion, or whatever other solutions that engineering folks might come up with. Battery technology in the global market is better than this.  I'm convinced that there is a fatal flaw in the device design with regard to battery life.  As another responder noted, one should not have to spend $200 every year to replace a device just because the battery dies.

Best Answer