Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit blaze that is completely dead. I cannot charge the battery and when I plug it in, the screen turns on like normal, but even after I allow it time for a full charge, the battery says it is completely dead.  I think it needs a reset or something along those lines, but I can't utilize any of the buttons or anything like that because the battery is dead.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

I received an e-mail from FitBit yesterday advertising the pre-order for their new Iconic, apparently a new and improved version of the Blaze.  Not a lot of detail in the e-mail, but I noted that the new product now has GPS built into it, just like the Surge.  I wonder what that is going to do to battery life?  I had two Surges, both of which resulted in failed batteries.  I was "advised" to turn off the GPS in order to conserve battery power.  Really?  That's the reason I bought it in the first place, to use the GPS.  The current Blaze connects to one's phone and uses the phone's GPS.  And there are still battery problems.  By the way,  the new Iconic is listed at $299!  Just sayin'.

Best Answer

DAYS: smileyfrustrated:  Mine will fully charge (Hence the connection is working) in and hour.   Though it drains in 15- 20 mins.  

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your feedback.  I actually have done everything suggested. I need a new battery. If you could get one to me or I could send my watch in to have a new one put in, that would be perfect!! 

Thank you again!!  Jan

Best Answer

I am lucky if I can get 15 mins after a full charge.  I think if its telling me your fitbit is charge get up and start walking its connected.  Full battery , put it on brought kids to school and came home total 10-15 mins battery low.  2 secs later battery is dead....phone is looking for Blaze.........its been this cycle for a week now.  I was thinking of throwing it away and buying a new one.  Smiley Embarassed

Tammy~

Best Answer

That is great.......!!

Tammy~

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had it for 3 days and it wont hold a charge

Best Answer
Let me know and I'll join in. Was told last week by support that I was basically lying and it's my problem. I'm looking into the Garmin and Apple ones now. I've got a fitbit 1 and 2 Alex's in my closet right now that at one time or another support told me it's my problem.  Just tired of it.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

I have not spoken to support. Just reading.....,seems convenient the Blaze batteries not holding a charge as a new one is being advertised!!!   I have had my blaze for 13 months.  Always held a 4-5 day charge until it didn't. I cannot record my sleep. My health insurance gives me gift cards for using the tracker.  It comes in handy.  Though I don't think buying a new one will solve the problem as they have control of it.  I am looking into the Apple. 

Tammy~

Best Answer

No one is going to take the blame.  I would go with the Apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again, yes i have tried everything and i cant even switch the fitbit off nor can i reset it. Am really distraught as i use my fitbit everyday and i do clean it every couple of days. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Just a few weeks ago I had to obtain a replacement FitBit because my battery would only hold charge for an hour or two at a time. Even if I left it on the charger for two whole hours, it would lose charge just as fast. Now I have a new FitBit and today the exact same thing happened. I put it on the charger for about an hour this morning (so it had about half charge which should last a while) and yet it was down to one little bar and I am in school all day so I can't constantly charge it. I don't know if I'm doing something to reduce battery life or if it's an issue with the Blaze but I cannot afford to keep buying faulty devices.

Best Answer

this is exactly what is happening to mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well they are introducing a new watch. I am beginning to believe in the theory that these companies update your software to start performing bad so you will purch **ahem** the new product.

Best Answer

The only option is via twitter??  I want to talk to someone and have my blaze replaced.  It's only 1 yr old and I should not be having battery issues.

Best Answer

👍🏼

I have been saying the same thing.  My blaze was working just fine, once the new and improved iconic advertising started my blaze is not the same!!!

Tammy~

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze did not slowly start draining the battery.  Once I hit the 11-12 month mark. I woke up and it went from holding a charge (while using certain options all day sync, text) etc.... to would barely make it 15 minutes of battery life.  I have to say I truly like the blaze.  I am not interested in a new tracker. I've only had this one a year. 

Tammy~

Best Answer
I am past warranty as well. I made them send me a replacement. Still waiting on it. I carry my charger with me everywhere now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same here carrying my charger also.  What did you do to receive a new tracker?  

Tammy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The first time I called customer service.  Mine was 10 months old and they replaced it. New one did it right away so I called them again. That was in June.  They told me that it must be something I did. I've called 4 times and get told the same thing every time.  All started for me in early May.  That's when my issues started.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks....I will try calling.  My tracker was only 11 months almost a year.  I did not call because I thought maybe something was pressed or I must have done something wrong since it was working great the day before.  

Tammy~

Best Answer