Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Bluetooth on/off toggle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Fitbit Blaze have a toggle in settings to turn bluetooth on and off?

This would be much appreciated as more and more companies a not permitting users to wear trackers with bluetooth permanently on at work. This is the same for many military installations across the world.

| Fitbit Sense 2 Aria
| Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (One UI 4.1 (Android 12))
| Windows 11 (32-bit Laptop)
Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I never turn bluetooth off on my phone because I would forget to put it on when I get in the car, it is on 24/7. All I can think is the blaze only connects to bluetooth when I am near the phone but sometimes I get notifications other times not. I cannot get the dialler to work at all. I get notifications everyhour to do the extra 250+ steps and quite honestly that and the odd text message is all I can get.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If @Milo19 is referring to the Bluetooth Low Energy than yes this can not be turned off on the Blaze @Julia_G, but if Milo is referring to the Bluetooth Classic than yes it can be turned off. I think this is what is being referred to when it was stated that tapping on the screen only gives off an pair. I have also encountered  this wheat the classic Bluetooth was not shown as connected to the phone. That's why I answered the way I did, assuming the tapping was on the Blaze - Settings - Bluetooth Classic where sometimes I see Off/On/Pair and other times I only see Off/Pair. This lines up with the post I responded to.

To be clear this classic Bluetooth has nothing to do with syncing the Fitbit data, and is only used to control music.

Since the title of the thread does not mention which Bluetooth LE or Classic. There will be people asking about both, with some not knowing there is even a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am reffering to blaze bluetooth classic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I thought, This trad started about the Bluetooth LE.

All I can say is mine stopped turning off with the latest app update, This doesn't make sense to me, and might only be a coincidence.

You could ask Fitbit about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will ask FitBit tomorrow, tried doing update but at the moment nothing new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Milo19 I recommend restarting your Blaze with the instructions here. Once you've restarted the Blaze, keep an eye on the Bluetooth Classic (Thanks @Rich_Laue@Julia_G for clarifying this) and let me know if it continues to toggle itself off with no interaction. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes