Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Exercise tracking stopped unexpectedly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when I start my route, I make sure I have started the activity (walk), and check all stats.  Twice now, without touching my tracker, the blaze stops the activity and returns to my clock. It doesn't vibrate or give me any indication of problems.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  If so, were you able to find resolution?  Thanks.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

A warm welcome to the Community @Dmoses. Is the tracker brushing with your clothes or an accessory? If it isn't, I recommend restarting your Blaze and test it. 

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit

So just a long-sleeve t-shirt could shut it completely down, back to my clock screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually no @Dmoses, a long sleeve t-shirt can't stop your exercise. Have you tried to restart the tracker? If you haven't, I recommend restarting your tracker and test it. 

See you around. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit, yes, I did restart my tracker.  The issue doesn't happen every day, but I hadn't noticed it happening at all until the latest firmware update.  Wasn't sure if that had anything to do with my issue.

regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something similar happened to me. The session was not stopped but rather paused and, obviously, it did screw up my data.

After investigating the issue, I concluded that my damp sleeve touched the screen and paused the workout. I ended up with a hard spinning session that burned 3 calories even though my HR was fully recorded and reached 175+ for extended time. It never happened again (yet!).

Make sure your wrist flexion cannot press the buttons and try to avoid damp clothing simulate touch events on the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Blaze. This week already 4 times. I don't know what changed but I never had this problem before. I'm 100% sure that I didn't hit the pause button or something. I just see it happening while looking at my watch that it goes back to the clock. I already reset my watch multiple times. I restarted my phone (Samsung J5) multiple times. While running I check my Fitbit app multiple times so he won't lose connection or something. It doesn't change anything. It makes me crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never got an acceptable answer, but now I'm obsessed with checking my tracker to make sure it doesn't stop mid-run...  and it wasn't like it was paused, like you, it was all the way back to my clock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had it happen twice and have only had my Blaze for just over a month.. The first time was during a "walk" and I think the Blaze actually restarted itself but am not sure. The second time was a few weeks later on a bike ride. I looked down and saw the clock face so realized that it had stopped tracking my ride. Since I was riding a bike, I am confident that I didn't brush up against the buttons. I was using Map my Ride at the same time and that had no issue so I know it is the Fitbit and not my phone.

I have actually restarted both the phone and Blaze between the incidents because I have another issue where my screen locks. I love my Blaze but am frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same problem while I'm out on bike rides. I ride for 10-17 miles at a time, start the tracker, and I don't even touch it until I'm done with my ride. When I get done I notice that it's not tracking the biking exercise anymore. I'm not touching it. I have been wearing short sleeves. Additionally, I use the MapMyRide app from my phone, and it's tracking me all the way so it doesn't seem like a GPS issue. I can't think of a single reason why it's not working. I have restarted my FitBit twice to no avail. The only change I made this time was I shut off the music notifications/capability through the FitBit (which I only shut off because I think it's sucking up way too much battery), so maybe there's something with the notifications that's screwing it up? I'll test it again tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: Could be a fluke, but I turned off the Spotify notifications through my FitBit, and my biking exercise was tracked for my entire 17 mile ride. I will be riding another 17 miles today, so I will update again this evening and see if it's consistent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have experienced this effect twice when hiking and each time it was pouring with rain. I was wearing a long sleeved base layer under my waterproof jacket and rain wicked up the sleeve. Swinging my arms when walking must have caused the sleeve to swipe across the Blaze and acted like finger swipes and presses. I have to pull up the sleeves of the base layer and try to fasten the storm cuffs of the jacket as tight as I can to try and slow down ingress of rain. 

I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @handymanathome, it's great to welcome you!

I appreciate your participation in the Community, thank you for that tip you are sharing, I know some friends will find this helpful.

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Actually a long sleeve shirt can stop the Blaze from an exercise if it is damp from rain or sweat.  It happens to me all the time and I have reported to FitBit multiple times and they refuse to do anything about it, not good support for an expensive device.

Best Answer
0 Votes