Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze February Update delayed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-fitbit-blaze-is-getting-updated-with-features-from-the-charge-2-ces-20...

So, the update for these features was due to be released "sometime in February."

I'm looking at the calendar, and it looks like time is almost up. Any updates?

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

It would appear that the fitbit  Quality Manager has learnt from last year's experience of releasing a poor quality upgrade.

Hopefully the Product Manager (if he still has a job) will learn to give shareholders and customers realistic expectations of a release date and maybe listen to the Development Manager in future.

Or maybe the Development Manager didn't listen to his Engineers.

Anyway we Customers seem to have learnt to sit and wait patiently!

Best Answer

I would rather companies spend time producing quality updates.

The big mistake fitbit made here was giving a date. Poor marketing. So regardless of how good this update is now people and the press will just say "the delayed update...." - look bad on the company and they need to have a serious word with their press officer.

Best Answer

I purchased a blaze during the valentine's break as they were 50 dollars cheaper. I was hoping to get the upgrade before the 30 days return window. when i saw it was delayed I returned it. In my mind, the product is more than one year old I think and they are releasing the Alta HR. So i guess they are working on new products. That is certainly going to be the last blaze update.
I am waiting to see in a few months the new apple watch. They are getting better after each upgrade. I am waiting to see the moov ring too.
Right now i am using the Philips watch. Very accurate HR and calories but the fitbit app cannot be beaten. That is their strong point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matthew,

I know this update has been delayed until it will be released directly. But, is there any tentative date or week when this might get released. Saves us the time to logon on the forum and check the app for update notification. Its really frustrating to check this daily and logout with disappointment.

Thanks

Best Answer

After the last Fitbit update, Fitbit profusely said they learned their lesson about updates, making promises when software is not ready, being more communactive, etc, etc....

Fitbit can't be bothered to fix a big bug that takes minutes and lasted years
Best Answer

Could it be delayed because they're adding the feature I suggested to leave the screen illuminated for longer? I sure hope so! 😀 It would be much appreciated by many!

Best Answer

Any update on when the firmware is going to be released would be nice. I love my Blaze and cannot wait to have the breathe function and three new faces. But an update on when it would be coming out would be nice.

Best Answer

Yes, an update would be nice, being that we're almost into April now when it was initially slated for February.

Best Answer

That is great news. I wonder why there is no mention of 3 new clock faces though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- We've slowly begun to roll out the newest firmware update for Blaze, version 17.8.401.3. Check out the full details in the release notes here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Is this done by country or region? It says that everyone should expect to have it within a few weeks, that's a lot of potential time to regularly check. Any idea of how long England have to wait for this? 

PS. I'm in my dissertation Sprint at the moment and would really like to have access to this relaxed breathing feature sooner rather than later, as I think it could prove helpful right now haha 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like Blaze update is rolled back ?

Not finding the thread from afternoon where it was mentioned that the release is today officially.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here it is @Hanith, I merged your last post so you can find your way back. @ErickFitbit indicates the rollout is underway, rollouts are done to keep from overwhelming the servers and ensuring everything is stable and smooth. No one like a "stuck" update, I'll let you know as soon as I hear from anyone getting that first wave.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

I am referring to the other thread something like "Blaze Firmware Release Version #"

Best Answer

Hello?It's getting pretty close to APRIL and we still haven't gotten that new update that was said to be released FEBRUARY.WILL IT EVER ARRIVE?!?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is "slowly" rolling out now, everyone should have it within a couple of weeks according to the official statement. So it is already rolling out, just have no idea who will get it when 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone -- We've slowly begun to roll out the newest firmware update for Blaze, version 17.8.401.3. Check out the full details in the release notes here.

Hi 

I got extremely interested when I read that connected GPS known issues were addressed, but then my heart sank when I noticed this is specific to Huwaei devices only. Presumably this means that the general issues with connected GPS are not being addressed ?

So for all of us for whom connected GPS issues are very much "known", I assume there is no hope for us in this new update? By not referencing a fix for this unreliable, and in many cases unusable feature, Fitbit appear to still not be accepting that issues exist,. as they are still not acknowledged as "known issues"  Am I correct?

No longer a fitbit device user
Best Answer

A couple of weeks? Man that sucks. I don't want to have to wait that long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to force a firmware update? I see there is a new firmware being discussed, but I do not see how to get it.

Best Answer