Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze GPS incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

went for bike ride this morning, using Blaze for first time on my normal 17.75 mi route. Blaze connected to my iPhone, but showed final distance 0.5 mi short

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

This is within 3%, most cars after they change their tires can be this far off.

Ok truthfully there are several things that can affect distance. Cloud and tree cover, or walking by a tall building,  may affect the time the signal arrives, losing a satellite lock my straighten out turns and shorten the distance.

I've noticed the Surge,Blaze, Fitbit App, MapMyFitness, and Charity Run never agree in distance, but they all seem to be close, within few percent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmmrph first welcome to the community... I have to agree with @Rich_Laue as I have found even with my high end GPS devices distance vary with usage Robot Happy But I would recomment that you keep a log and see if this is a consistant difference or varying.  If consistant you need to look at other items like the straight away and turning of the bike ride itself.

Having said this also exam the tracking on the dashboard it will help some too.

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer

Hello @jmmrph welcome to the Fitbit Community! As mentioned by @Andhanniand @Rich_Laue there are several factors that can affect the accuracy of your information. Take a look at this post from @AndrewFitbit

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Angela. Problem seems to be getting worse. Went for 22 mile bike ride. Confirmed by other websites etc. blaze put my distance at 14.4 mi. No factors that could have affected accuracy. (Tree cover etc)
Best Answer

Hello @jmmrph thanks for the update. I would suggest to contact customer support so they can review your tracker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshoot. 

Let me know how it goes. 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just finished a 36 mile race, but my tracker only showed 22 miles. I would blame GPS signal but the map that shows on my fitbit app is perfect.
Best Answer
0 Votes