Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Glass Screen chipping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got the Fitbit Blaze on Monday. I have worn it for three days around the house and once to the gym. Last night I noticed that the glass screen on the bottom edge was chipping. I have not hit it on anything and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I am not seeing any screen protectors that would keep this damage from happening. With the edge being so open and the angel being so sharp I am worried how to keep this from getting worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That's mysterious @Scottperry00

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (Click / Tap here to contact)

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

That's mysterious @Scottperry00

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team (Click / Tap here to contact)

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thinng on the top border of mine. I do not remember hitting it on anything. I would assume I would remeber hitting it hard enough to crack Gorilla Glass. I contacted Fitbit support via their online chat. The agent processed a replacement order. No hassle no fuss. I would recommend you do the same.

Best Answer

@tps123 wrote:

I have the same thinng on the top border of mine. I do not remember hitting it on anything. I would assume I would remeber hitting it hard enough to crack Gorilla Glass. I contacted Fitbit support via their online chat. The agent processed a replacement order. No hassle no fuss. I would recommend you do the same.

I have very much wondered about this and I am glad to see that they replaced it without much fuss.  Thanks for providing that feedback.

Best Answer

@racertempo wrote:

I have very much wondered about this and I am glad to see that they replaced it without much fuss.  Thanks for providing that feedback.

I have always been impressed with Fitbit's customer service. They really are great at it.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Scottperry00! It's great to have you here 🙂 Did you contact support as advised by @SunsetRunner? @tps123 thanks for sharing your experience, Fitbit customer support rocks! I'm glad to know they replaced your tracker. @racertempo thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I had the same problem at the bottom edge of the screen.  I called customer service and they are sending a replacement.  Great customer service Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello @Visualtps it's great to have you here!  I'm glad to know about your experience with customer service 😉 thanks for sharing! 

Happy stepping! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same experience here. Pretty idle work day in terms of movement, no crazy hard surfaces to run into anywhere. I just returned mine before the damage got worse from simply walking through air. They were going to offer a replacement but I didn't even want it, knowing it takes so little to chip the supposed gorilla glass. They should have rounded the glass edge to avoid this type of damage or not had that gap next to the edge. Very poor design decisions. I didn't purchase through fitbit's site so luckily the retailer didn't seem to notice the chip or didn't care. I've since moved on from Fitbit because I don't want to deal with faulty charge HR's and way too expensive, low durability screens.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Though it is a shame. There isn't any app in my opinion that matches the ease of the Fitbit app. Wish they'd allow syncing with other trackers/watches.
Best Answer
0 Votes
There ate several third party apps that do this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I noticed the same thing on my Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when i first started reading the help forums, (wealth of information thanks everyone), i read about the edge chips---there are thin glass screen protectors on amazon, i think i paid $7.99 for a 3 pack.  the very first day i applied it i was cleaning out the fridge (the those metal edged shelves that face downwards)--i cracked the screen protector, but the Blaze was safe--i think i am on #3 protector.

However, i was told that applying a screen protector voids the warranty on the Blaze--doesn't make much sense to me.  there is also another 3rd party metal frame that covers the edges of the Blaze, i think $12.99 at amazon, perfect tight fit, you can here the snap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alyc I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Blaze 😞 @UptownP are you experiencing any issue with your Blaze? if you are please get in touch with our support team so they can assist you. @Fands thanks for your cooperation! 😉 

Tag me if you have any questions! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same thing. I received the FitBit Blaze as a gift on Sunday and the following Sunday noticed the corner was cracked, even though I don't remember hitting it on anything and had a protective film on it.

Customer Support was not helpful, offering only a discount to purchase a new one.

What did you do to get help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @MossGully. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your screen got cracked 😕

At this point, when it comes to the screen cracking, this is not covered under the warranty as it is not considered a factory defect and I'm afraid that as of right now the discount will be the solution they will be able to offer.

If you need anything else, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happen to me I dudnt drop my am very careful with it wgen to put it in and notice a small crack in the cormer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did call Fitbit no help at all bad service at that end I gave two year warranty where I bought it at Walmart and they tell me if it stop working only Was of money on warranty .

Best Answer
0 Votes

They couldn't help me when I called and I take good care of my It must of happen when putting it back in 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my eat Walmart with two year warrranty call Fitbit where it was not bought from them they couldn't help me and Walmart I was told warranty on if it stop working what a waste of warrranty 

Best Answer
0 Votes