Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I recently travelled to an area with a different time zone and while there the time on my fitbit Blaze changed, but upon returning it hasn't changed back. It has been several days and I've tried many things that I've read in forums and none have worked, I am getting very frustrated!

I've tried restarting my blaze, deleting and reinstalling the app, removing my Blaze from the app and then re-adding it. Nothings worked, the time zone on my phone is right, but not the blaze, please help!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @btc_417, if your timezone has not changed automatically, please check the timezone in your Fitbit app.  Go to account settings --> advanced settings.  If the timezone is incorrect, change it and then sync.

If it is correct, and the time on your Blaze is wrong, choose any INCORRECT timezone, and then sync your Blaze.  You may need to force a sync several times, but it should eventually change the time on your Blaze.  Finally go back to your settings and choose the CORRECT timezone and sync again.  It may also take several forced syncs to get the time updated, but this should do the trick.

Good luck, and keep us posted.  Welcome to the Community!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

This will depend on which desktop your app has, but I'll let you read. He help doc, but advanced settings will be found under settings  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @btc_417, if your timezone has not changed automatically, please check the timezone in your Fitbit app.  Go to account settings --> advanced settings.  If the timezone is incorrect, change it and then sync.

If it is correct, and the time on your Blaze is wrong, choose any INCORRECT timezone, and then sync your Blaze.  You may need to force a sync several times, but it should eventually change the time on your Blaze.  Finally go back to your settings and choose the CORRECT timezone and sync again.  It may also take several forced syncs to get the time updated, but this should do the trick.

Good luck, and keep us posted.  Welcome to the Community!

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your help, it worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes
So glad that helped! As the moderators say, "Now keep on stepping!"

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @btc_417! It's great to know that @Julia_G helped you resolve your issue. She is the best 🙂 

Hope to see you around more often! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Where do I find Advance Settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This will depend on which desktop your app has, but I'll let you read. He help doc, but advanced settings will be found under settings  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. Turns out my auto time zone was turne off.

Goodman

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just purchased a blaze and set it up but the time zone is different from my phone. I have reset the blaze and synced several times. I have tried to change the time zone in advanced settings but it keeps changing back to the incorrect time. I have deleted the blaze and re set it up using a pc. But still can't get the right time. It is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes