Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Flashes "Connecting" and "Loading Music"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am having some difficulty getting music control working on my new Blaze. I have spoken with support already, and was provided with a replacement tracker but unfortunately my issue was not corrected.

I am able to connect Blaze (Classic) to my phone, and pair it successfully. Initially, I see the song title and can control music. However, after about 3 or 4 seconds, it reverts back to flashing between "connecting" and "loading music" and never works again after that.

I have tried every troubleshooting step I can think of, with Fitbit support and on my own. These steps include setting up the tracker as new, restarting the tracker, restarting my phone, restarting bluetooth, unpairing and repairing the device, unpairing all other bluetooth devices, and trying on a different phone. I have tried this on a Moto G4+ and a OnePlus One.

It makes the connection initially, and remains paired successfully, so this has to be an issue with the tracker. I have no issues with bluetooth on either of these devices apart from music control on my fitbit.

Does anyone have any insight? 

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Having the same problem here.  I've tried restarting, re-pairing, turning both devices off, etc.  Still no luck.  Using a Moto Z Force.  Please fix this, Fitbit!

Best Answer

Can anyone provide any ideas? I would like to know if there is a fix or workaround before my time to return runs out...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not knowing tge exact issue, it is hard to say.

Is your phone campatable? Www.fitbit.com/devices

Do you have music playing through a compatable app before trying to control it?

is Bluetooth classic paired to the phone, thus is not needed for ios.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mentioned the affected devices in my OP: Moto G4+ and OnePlus One. I recognize that the G4+ is not listed as a compatible device, however the OnePlus One is compatible, and the same issue is present on both devices. This tells me it's not an issue of supposed "compatibility." Also, all other functionality of the Blaze works on both devices (that is, syncing, app notifications, etc), so theres something going on beyond just "your device is incompatible."

I have music playing through a compatible app before trying to control it. I have tried using spotify, soundcloud, and google play music, and the issue was identical across all apps. It also happens when I am not playing any music at all. This tells me it's not a problem with the app, and I already know it's not a problem with the phone, because all my other bluetooth devices (headphones, speakers, Charge HR) work perfectly on both devices, and even all other functionality of my Blaze works. I am also able to successfully skip/pause tracks using the buttons on my bluetooth headphones, so it's definitely a problem on Fitbit's end.

Bluetooth classic pairs to the phone successfully without issue. The problem I am experiencing is that after the pairing is complete, I am unable to control the music. Instead, the music control widget just flashes back and forth between "Connecting.." and "Loading Music"

If you've got any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks for your response

Best Answer

I am having the Same issue here and am using the Moto Z Force.  The "connecting" and "loading music" is always flickering between the two.  I have shutdown blaze, forgot device in Bluetooth settings on my phone, updated Fitbit app, and also updated os to Nougat.  It worked perfectly when I first got it.

Best Answer

i am also facing similar problem .i am using oneplus 3 runing android N ..i think fitbit should consider this problem as main priority.. i think fitbit shouls update blaze firmware as quick as possible or update android n fitbit app

Best Answer

Same with my OP3 with android Nougat 

Best Answer

so how to fix this problem

Best Answer

I contacted customer support and since our devices aren't compatible, by there specifications, were SOL. The representative with whom I spoke did not seem terribly concerned about our predicament. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

lets hope for the quick update

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got a Moto z so it's frustrating that the music control stops
working literally the day both my Fitbit and phone could no longer be
returned. It's too bad because Im coming from my nearly-flawless Pebble
which Fitbit recently acquired. Seems like they just shut down the
competition instead of trying to improve.
Best Answer

I've noticed this issue on a OnePlus One as well, which is a "supported device"

Despite that, it seems that the problem is isolated to 2-3 brands of android phones, and Fitbit is unconcerned with us at this time. 

It's frustrating that Apple phones do not even require Bluetooth Classic at all. Anyone have any recommendations for other fitness trackers with music control functionality not limited arbitrarily to certain phone models?

Best Answer

Same issue here. 

Have done a little testing and I have discovered a possible cause.

Fitbit do not like sharing with the other children, all works perfectly with music control UNTIL my Bluetooth headphones connect, and they can do music control too.

This was never an issue with my pebble or other devices I have tested with. They seem to be happy to share the control etc.

FYI I am running a HTC One A9 and senheiser PXC 310 BT Bluetooth headphones that also do media control. Issue persists on Android Marshmallow and Nougat

Best Answer

What I've done is go into the Bluetooth settings, headphone and turn off its input control. 

I'm running marshmallow. 

Best Answer
@Rich_Laue wrote:

What I've done is go into the Bluetooth settings, headphone and turn off its input control. 

I'm running marshmallow. 

Unfortunately this didn't do it for me

Best Answer

Try turning off the Bluetooth on other devices and don't connect to classic but play music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mattyrw15 my suggestion was to @headbutt who has successfully hijacked this thread by posting an unrelated question to topic being discussed. 

When my music control doesn't work, as mentioned above,  I do a restart of the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed that I have to connect my Fitbit to my phone via Bluetooth first and make sure no other Bluetooth is connected. I open a program, press play from my phone, then my Fitbit shows the song and name. But as soon as I hit pause/next from the fitbit, it starts the flickering again. I am running the latest Android N on Moto Z Force.  Music controls used to work.... What a bummer.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my moto G4 plus.

Best Answer