Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze is not counting steps at all times I just walked 40 steps and it did not move.   Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there @Tamhod1974. Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

That's pretty strange. To start, I would recommend restarting your tracker to ensure everything is working fine.You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After that, try it out and see if you notice any difference. Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I was given a FitBit Blaze last week.  My wife also has a Fitbit Charge 2.  We have walked together each night since I got mine, and our results are never the same.  I have also noticed that when attempting to get my 250 steps/hour, my steps are not counting.

I am currently resetting my Blaze before each time I get up to walk.  Seems excessive, but the only way I know it will count my steps.

If this keeps up, I will be returning it before I exceed my 1 month after purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try scrolling on your device until you see "settings ";  the bottom option on Settings is Reboot. Click on it and it may work.  This happened to my Blaze once and this reboot fixed it

Best Answer

Hi there @Steve64D! Great to see you in the Community Forums!

Whenever you compare yourself to another person wearing a Fitbit  tracker, even if you both were doing the same activities, the results will not be the same for both since the personal information used to determine your activity is what will help record this for each person individually.

Now, I'd like to know how exactly that your steps are not counting. Is it that it's been inaccurate and it's showing less steps than it should or steps are not showing up at all?

Something you can try to do is to restart your tracker again. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, set it up as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the bottom right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you so much @AnnaCS for helping out here! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

is the Blaze supposed to count steps when your arm is not moving and stationary?

Specifically 2 of us have Blazes and when either of us hold the hand with the Fitbit on a shopping cart in a store (while moving forward from one part of the store to another - it doe not recognize any steps for either of us 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the Blaze will count steps even if your hands are not moving.  I wear my fitbit without the straps (inside my bra) and counts steps all day.  Honestly I never look at it, I always use the fitbit app on my phone to confirm it is counting the steps.  And it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not count them even if I reset it.  It used to update after a minute or so, but now it doesn't even do that.  Plus it doesn't measure my time correctly when I'm on the treadmill.  It's usually 3 minutes under the actual time.   It'll stay stuck for five, ten minutes, then start going but it doesn't refresh to what the accurate steps should be.  It just starts counting from that moment on.  I just walked 100 steps a half hour ago and it's still not showing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem and just found this solution. Worked for me!!! Thank you very much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry but I don’t see your solution.   Dad i I d you post it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rebooted it, as suggested, and it worked for a bit and then started losing steps again. So I still have the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes