Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Stop Exercise with Long Sleeves

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to fix the Blaze's problem of damp long sleeves touching the touch screen and pause and even stop workouts.  I have reported this flaw to FitBit about a year ago and they still have not fixed the problem with the simple software update.  They could easily remove the touch pause and stop and have people use the button only for pausing and stopping a workout, easy to do.  Or if they wanted, give people a quick switch setting in Settings to disable touch pause/stop.  They don't want to do this.

I have seen many people post about this and hoping someone has figured something out.  I even tried turning off QuickView, but that does not work.

Since FitBit is not going to fix this, has anyone come up with an easy solution to this problem?  It is very annoying to start a workout and have it pause and stop before you are even half finished.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Wear short sleeves 😉

@SunsetRunnerSorry couldn't resist. 

Seriously this is the first time I've heard of this.  However could you try rolling back the sleeve on your watch arm so it doesn't touch the screen, you could use and elastic/rubber band or even a hair clip etc to keep it away. If this isn't practical then covering the watch with a plastic bag taped around your wrist (use a clear one so you can still read it) may help.

What kind of fabric is the long sleeve garment your wearing, perhaps you could try a different type like lycra, cotton or even wool, something that doesn't conduct so easily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen several threads, doing a search I see that wearing a wrist sweat band helps. 

The problem is that your blaze has a touch screen. 

Please do a search of the feature board, you will find a suggestion to have a screen lock. Not ideal but it would be a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes