Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Sync from new update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am a first timer here so would like to draw on your knowledge . I am a fan of Fitbit for many years started with a zip went to the one and my wonderful wife bought me a Blaze for my birthday. To make a long story short this is my issue I love the Blaze and set it up for my iPhone which updated and worked well. I also had downloaded the app for my iPad and Braze would sync with both devices. The new update of the last couple of days rolled out and my Blaze would not sync with my iPad any longer just ,my iPhone. I did everything from logging out deleting app and calling customer care. Customer care was not knowledgeable on the update so thought I had an issue with my Blaze. I took back my Blaze and reactivacted my one which still sync with both iPhone and iPad . I go back to store and decided to try the Alta and low and behold the same issue only sync on my iPhone . I called customer care again and by this time I figured something was up. The fella was well informed told me I could only sync with one device.

My question is that before the update I could sync to both iPhone and iPad is this something that will be corrected in future updates to let you sync with both devices as you can with the one. It was a very frustrating experience as one day all was fine and then after update issues seem to happen. I wonder if others had the issues. Thank you informative group.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Dana10. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you were having problems with your Blaze syncing to both your iPhone and your iPad after the update. I would say this is due to the bonding that it created with your iPhone that it was not syncing afterwards with your iPad. 

If you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Yayyy! I'm really happy that it got you back on track! 

Anything else you may need, let me know! Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

It is the encryption option that stops the hacking,  the bonding is part of the Bluetooth protocol.

Like when your phone is playing music through a Bluetooth speaker, a second phone will not be able to use the speaker.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I'm sorry to hear that you were having problems with your Blaze syncing to both your iPhone and your iPad after the update. I would say this is due to the bonding that it created with your iPhone that it was not syncing afterwards with your iPad. 

If you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

Best Answer
Thank you so much FerdinandFitbit for the welcome. I tried your solution and this solved my issue . Thank you very much. I take it the bonding is for security reasons so others will not be able to hack your messages, texts and calendar . Thank you.
Best Answer

Yayyy! I'm really happy that it got you back on track! 

Anything else you may need, let me know! Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
Thank you so much appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the encryption option that stops the hacking,  the bonding is part of the Bluetooth protocol.

Like when your phone is playing music through a Bluetooth speaker, a second phone will not be able to use the speaker.

Best Answer
Thank you Rich_Laue that makes sense appreciate the feedback .
Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit An excellent solution..

Are you also saying that is why I always have problems trying to sync my Blaze to the Android and the PC ?

It eventually works, and my One always syncs in my Multi Tracker mode.. Immediately to all devices.

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 yes that is why you are having problems, see this help doc.

As for your One, it does not have notifacations ao it only connects to the phone/pc during a sync. Therefore no conflicts.

Your sig says your on windows 7 this means your using the Web to view your data, therefore there is no reason to sync through both the phone and pc. A sync always  transfers the data to Fitbit, going through the device. Syncing through yhe pgone will still let you see the web data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks for the confirmation.  All of this has started because my Server updated with the calories from the Blaze and the steps from the Fitbit One which the steps were 50% less for that day against the Blaze..  So I'm still researching and still awaiting for an answer from Fitbit Support..

Also awaiting an answer to this message.

"Where does the message "Cannot access Live data"", when I sync to the Android phone..

Just had trouble syncing again. Turned off PC, and only had the Android and Blaze active.  Did not sync, couldn't find tracker.  Rebooted Blaze, still could not Find Tracker.

Turned off phone rebooted the PC and it synced immediately.

All very frustrating. But we preserver.

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Colinm39 yes that is why you are having problems, see this help doc.

As for your One, it does not have notifacations ao it only connects to the phone/pc during a sync. Therefore no conflicts.

Your sig says your on windows 7 this means your using the Web to view your data, therefore there is no reason to sync through both the phone and pc. A sync always  transfers the data to Fitbit, going through the device. Syncing through yhe pgone will still let you see the web data.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to update my friend's Blaze by paring it with my iPhone which worked fine but, no matter how many times I try to repair the Blaze with his phone by turning off his bluetooth and on again, I can't get it to show up on his phone. I have deleted it from my phone and it no longer shows up on my bluetooth or anywhere else on my phone but can't re-pair it with his phone. I also can't add it to his account.

This is making me very unpopular at home:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @whosails. Good to see you around!

I'd say that if you also have a Fitbit tracker, take it away while setting up your friend's Blaze. That way, you'll be sure that there will be no interference from the other device that will prevent your friend's tracker from pairing to his account.

Also, try to reboot his phone or at least the bluetooth, turn it off and turn it back on and then, try to pair it. If you enabled notifications on his Blaze while on your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and tap on the Blaze, hit "Forget this device" and then proceed with the set up process on his phone.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, you could be right but one day out of the blue and for no reason it started to work again. Go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes