Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Text Message Detail

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a new Blaze (upgraded from Charge HR) and it won't display the detail of my text messages!  I get the notifications just fine and each one sayss "Messaging" in green and then below it says "New message" in a white box.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and used the default message SMS app until I read a suggestion to try another app so I switched to Google Messenger and I have the same results!  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dug my S4 out. Here are screenshots of the settings windows. Notifications is right at the bottom of the main menu.Screenshot_2016-12-27-15-27-09.png

Once you click on Notifications, you can make sure preview message is selected.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-15-27-40.png

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, @Cyagla! When you are in your messenger app, go into the settings and make sure that preview message is turned on. Your Blaze will only display what your phone notification shows.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see anywhere in the Google Messenger app where you can tell it to show preview!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see anywhere in the Google Messenger app where you can tell it to show preview!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are in the main area (not in a specific text message, in the area where you see a list of conversations), you should be able to open the menu, click settings, and see an area for notifications.

Best Answer

I've done what you're saying and have gone to the Messenger app menu and clicked on "Settings". I don't see anywhere that says preview message - I also looked at Advanced Settings. I even checked every box that had an option to make sure I wasn't missing something! Ugh......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dug my S4 out. Here are screenshots of the settings windows. Notifications is right at the bottom of the main menu.Screenshot_2016-12-27-15-27-09.png

Once you click on Notifications, you can make sure preview message is selected.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-15-27-40.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MakMak is this in the messaging app or in the phones IS settings? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's actually in the messaging app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much MakMak - it worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, have a Galaxy J7, and adding the preview messages, worked for me with my Blaze, spot on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy S7, but can't view my messages.  I can't find the setting to preview texts.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AJ6649 wrote:

Thank you, have a Galaxy J7, and adding the preview messages, worked for me with my Blaze, spot on!!

I have a Galaxy S7, but can't view my messages.  I can't find the setting to preview texts.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @CarlaE. If your tracker is not receiving your texts, I recommend following the instructions by our friend @MarreFitbit in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post. Now if you want to add more app, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the Blaze icon
  2. Tap Notifications
  3. Tap App Notifications
  4. Select the apps you prefer
  5. Sync

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes