Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze - Time display problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I've recently bought a Fitbit Blaze. A couple of times a week I have noticed that my Fitbit time display is wrong. I've seen posts about this happening when peoples batteries have died etc etc, but this is happening when my Blaze has plenty of charge in it? I have worked out that by forcing it to Sync I can correct it BUT but I don't understand why I should have to do this. Surely above all else it should be able to perform the function of a wrist watch. My hubby & son have had the Blaze for about 18 months now and they have never had this problem. (before getting the Blaze I had a Charge HR for 3 years and never had a time display problem with that either) Have I got a dud? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @DebbyTMK, you definitely do not need to have "All day sync" turned on and you do not need to have your phone with you constantly for your Blaze to keep correct time.

As you have noticed, a sync will update the time on your Blaze, but as long as you sync regularly, your time should stay correct.  Most people find that syncing at least once a day works best -- because then you can keep track of all your stats, including steps, sleep, calories etc, to get the most out of your Fitbit.  However, daily syncing is not strictly necessary, and you won't lose data even if you don't sync for a couple of days.  Your Blaze will store detailed data for about 7 days, and daily totals for about 30.

Despite his chosen Fitbit name, @SunsetRunner is not a Fitbit Moderator.  If you are syncing regularly and your Blaze time keeps going wrong, please check on your app that your timezone is correct (it's under Account --> settings --> Advanced settings) and please also give your Blaze a restart.  

If your timezone is correct, and you are regularly syncing, and you still have this issue, I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com and they can look into this more deeply for you.  Be sure to let the, know the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there, @DebbyTMK!

Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't working properly! Smiley Sad

Your tracker's time and date are gathered from the time and date of your mobile device. Meaning that to get the correct time on your tracker, you need to either continuously sync your tracker to the Fitbit app, or you need to turn on All Day Sync to ensure your tracker keeps gathering the time and date of your mobile device. To turn on All Day Sync, open the Fitbit app. From your dashboard, go to Settings > Blaze > All Day Sync and turn it on. Remember to keep your tracker and mobile device paired at all times, so that your tracker can keep gathering necessary data from your mobile device.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ben. Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly when I have to be
without my phone (or switch my phone off) I'm going to have to wear a watch
instead of my Blaze? The environment I work in means I sometimes have to
have my phone switched off, which may explain the problem I have, however
it does appear that Fitbit have engineered things backwards if it can't
keep time on it's own.
Thanks for the info.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ben. Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly when I have to be
without my phone (or switch my phone off) I'm going to have to wear a watch
instead of my Blaze? The environment I work in means I sometimes have to
have my phone switched off, which may explain the problem I have, however
it does appear that Fitbit have engineered things backwards if it can't
keep time on it's own.
Thanks for the info.

Hey there, @DebbyTMK!

Sorry to hear that my answer didn't solve the issue! Smiley Sad

No, to have your mobile device pair with your tracker via Bluetooth, you don't need to have your mobile device on at all times. Just be sure to enable All-Day Sync and have your mobile device close by to your tracker while at work. If you have to be away from your mobile device, and still wish to wear your tracker, it should still maintain the correct time, as long as it was previously synced with your mobile device. If this issue still persists when you are without your mobile device, and your tracker still won't display the correct time, I would advise restarting the tracker and syncing it. You can restart the tracker by holding down the left button and bottom-right button on the tracker for about 3-5 seconds.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @DebbyTMK, you definitely do not need to have "All day sync" turned on and you do not need to have your phone with you constantly for your Blaze to keep correct time.

As you have noticed, a sync will update the time on your Blaze, but as long as you sync regularly, your time should stay correct.  Most people find that syncing at least once a day works best -- because then you can keep track of all your stats, including steps, sleep, calories etc, to get the most out of your Fitbit.  However, daily syncing is not strictly necessary, and you won't lose data even if you don't sync for a couple of days.  Your Blaze will store detailed data for about 7 days, and daily totals for about 30.

Despite his chosen Fitbit name, @SunsetRunner is not a Fitbit Moderator.  If you are syncing regularly and your Blaze time keeps going wrong, please check on your app that your timezone is correct (it's under Account --> settings --> Advanced settings) and please also give your Blaze a restart.  

If your timezone is correct, and you are regularly syncing, and you still have this issue, I would suggest getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com and they can look into this more deeply for you.  Be sure to let the, know the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G have my time zone set ok, I'll try doing a daily sync at the end of each day for a week and will keep an eye on my time display to see if it still happens. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes