Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze & GPS inaccuracies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to improve the GPS tracking on the fitbit app ?

Maybe up the polling interval or accuracy somehow

I have a fitbit blaze and it's been working fine so far and I'm loving the data, I've recently started running outside and thought it would be great to track the runs properly with HR data so I tried to use the tracking in the fitbit app and via the connected gps from the watch.

So far I've found it's not fit for purpose and the tracking is cutting corners and has me going through buildings, this obviously is giving me incorrect data. I don't have this with other gps tracking apps on my phone but I can change the polling frequency and use cases in these apps.

Also it has lost a workout on me during a 10km race where I was very interested in seeing my split times to see where I could improve.

This is very disappointing and is making look at alternative fitness trackers.

I am on app version 2.69 (2193265)

Through buildings:

Through buildings

Off road:

off road

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's great to see you around @kenn0.

Unfortunately, I am not able to see the images that you attached, you can follow the instructions provided in this post in order to attach new ones.

Now about your GPS issue, I recommend taking a look at the Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? article and follow the troubleshoot provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit,

I followed that guide to post the pictures in the first place :), I've tried again

Re-Capture.PNGSo the issue is my gps works but it is very inaccurate and stops for no reason losing data that I was hoping to capture.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been fixed? I just noticed recently mine was way off. I bike. Wondering if your issue has been resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I moved to another brand of fitness tracker.

As my main focus is running and there didn't seem to be any real way of getting a solution to this issue. I felt largely ignored and as the blaze is an older watch it seems the newer models are the main focus.

Cheers

Mike

Best Answer