Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery issues - any help? upgrade path?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze for about 2 years and I've never had an issue with battery life until about a month ago. It very suddenly went from getting about 4 days out of a charge to 24-36 hours. I finally inquired with Fitbit support last week and they ran a test (?) and confirmed there was some sort of battery issue. And *immediately* afterwards (like within 24 hours) it went from 24 hours on a charge to less than 6. Very weird. Unfortunately that has made it pretty much unusable.

The device is out of warranty, but they did offer me a 25% discount on a replacement product. However, the discount can't be applied to the Versa, which of course would be the logical upgrade path. The form factor of the Ionic (BIG... and seemingly about to be discontinued?) makes that not terribly appealing. So yeah, anyway, bummer. I really like(d) the Blaze.

Has anyone else had this happen? Was there anything they did to extend the battery life? I'm assuming not. I really don't want to shell out for a replacement right now and my history with Fitbit hardware has been less than stellar... I've had 4 trackers now and they've all failed in some fashion or another between the 1-2 year mark. I don't really want to move to another ecosystem and lose all my data, but I'm considering it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Reading through the forums I see a lot of people are having similar issues. Apologies for starting yet another thread 😞 Would delete if they provided that capability. Cheers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Reading through the forums I see a lot of people are having similar issues. Apologies for starting yet another thread 😞 Would delete if they provided that capability. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes