Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not lasting one day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my blaze for about two years now and all of a sudden the battery will not last a day let alone a couple of days. I’m so frustrated as this was an upgrade from the charge 2 as that broke after 6 months. 2 years is still not that great. I don’t know what to do! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I am having the same issue. My Blaze is 2 years old and the battery won't hold a charge for 24 hours. I have tried cleaning the contacts, syncing, restarting, and the suggestions on this site with no luck. It works great after charging but only for about 12 hours and then I have to put it on the charger again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as everybody here. My original Blaze had an issue and the refurb they sent me last fall is now unable to hold a charge. Charged it yesterday in the late am and was in the red this morning. Seemed to start having issues last week.

Best Answer
I hope that is not true. If so that is worrisome. I have to admit I don’t want to throw good money after bad.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a personal trainer and I have several different fitness trackers/watches.  Samsung Gear Sport is a Sweeeet tracker/watch and ALWAYS syncs up to my android phone, however Samsung doesn't have a desktop app which totally sucks so you always have to look at your cell phone or tracker for your stats not your full sized computer screen.  Garmin does have a desktop app which is pretty good but its not as intuitive as FitBit's app. You'll need a heartbeat strap for some of their trackers and a Garmin computer dongle just like Fitbit.  I've also never had syncing issues with Garmin.   To me Fitbit has the best cell phone and desktop app however like many other reviewers has mentioned, their products are unstable.  I've stuck with Fitbit because of their app.  I have Charge 3, Flex and Blaze.  The not syncing issues with Charge 3 and Flex is so bad that i've decided to reconnect my 3 year old working with no problems Blaze and give it a go and see what happens, otherwise unfortunately I'll also be done with Fitbit.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer

I own a fitbit Blaze for more than 2 years and my experience is Fitbit doesn't show any respect for customer also post sale experience is null. I have the feeling they from fitbit think about us customer as idiots recommending measures to save battery when we barely use the watch and that recommendation should only apply for new buyers not for customers like myself own the device for more than 2 years. I don't know if the company is desperate to sell more devices but the attitude offering discounts to buy a new model and not solving our needs create the opposite effect. I wouldn't recommend to anyone Fitbit and I'll be moving to a different brand who has a serious and positive customer buyer to customer services support. 

Best Answer
This really helps me, thank you for that wealth of information; fortunately
for me, my blaze has started working for me because I stopped almost all
notifications! I am waiting to see how long my last charge will hold! I
did get it to last for almost 5 days so maybe things have worked out for
now!!!! Thanks for your insight!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is very frustrating. I bought my blaze for the looks and features, and them suggesting to turn everything off so the battery lasts longer is absurd. What if that was true for other things. Say your phone, car, etc. If you had to turn off stuff just to make it last. Sorry your car won't make it that far, but if you turn off the radio, defroster, lights, and the heat. Well it's 2am and 32° out. LoL

Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know! For now, I have added all my notifications
back and it is still working; maybe I will have a little more time to
research the Garmin!!! Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel with so many people having the issue Fitbit should fix it. We saved so I could get my blaze. Unfortunately it happened after my warranty and its frustrating to say the least. As you know it was expensive. It held the charge great and then knew day nothing. I put it to charge and it shows a full charge a few minutes after being in. I take it out and it's dead  If it is because if an update idk how it can be fixed if it only stays on for a few seconds in the charger. I dont think I can get it to show me anything in the charger. Just frustrated still at this issue. And a small discount isn't going to help when it took us awhile to save for this. 

Best Answer

I still have my charge HR, it just needs a band, but no way to replace it. And my blaze just needs a battery, but no way to replace it. If the blaze just needs a software update, I would be good to go. But seems like they won't do anything to fix the blaze, just 25% off a new Fitbit. I'm not going down that road again. 

Best Answer

Hey @Bobbk It's nice to see you into the Fitbit Forums. @WestiePassion,thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback. I confirmed with our Support Team team that you have already a case, if you still having doubts I recommend you to contact them back again for further assistance.

@mariebart and @AmandaK88 if you tried the suggestions here and the same situation with your Blaze persist, in order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team.

@Gemini48, I'm happy to know that your Blaze it's working good again. 

@lukecage many thanks for share your experience with us.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and for participating in our Community!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Battery barely lasts 8 hours now. I'm assuming it's not worth the time to bother with their  customer service. 

Best Answer

Okay what I learnt with my experience with Fitbit I learnt I need to find out how positive are the reviews about products and how good is the post sale customer services. I was told from my complain that replace the battery isn't possible as Fitbit don't stores or repair centers. My conclusion is I shouldn't have bought Fitbit Blaze in first place. I don't mind if they contact me offering something I didn't ask for so I made my mind and I don't want to continue being a customer from one company which sell technology that one needs to throw in the bin because Fitbit decided selfishly and greedily don't invest in a repair center. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original fitbit did the same thing 9 months ago. As is happening now, a lot of people started complaining and it was found to be a software update that caused the issue. Fitbit sent me a return label and I sent in the entire Fitbit package I originally purchased and they sent me a new one. Now I am having the issue again. I believe there was another update just put out causing the issue again. Two blazes that have both not lasted more than 9 months. I will not buy another Fitbit device. I am looking Apple or Garmin. 

Best Answer

Well, the company lost nearly $200M last year and I would assume has seen growth slow since the Apple Watch, etc. Desperate short-term thinking dictates that their only option is to rip off their customers. Not a sustainable business model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us @WestiePassion and @Sulery38. I greatly appreciate your feedback, it is always useful. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the Fitbit products and I thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

@cdfree, in order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team.

I'll be around if you need anything else. 

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes