Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze blank screen and it won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze just quit working one day.  Just a black screen, when charging won’t show the battery icon, won’t turn on.  When I try to restart it vibrates slightly but won’t show the icons.  It just says searching when I look at the app so I tried to resync it,  now it can find it but can’t sync to it.  I tried the restart it didn’t work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Mine just did that. I put it on the charger and 2@ minutes later it was red hot. I could not hold it. I have no clue what is wrong with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also did the same thing, it wasn’t charging  at all and this is why you can’t see anything on the screen. But I was able to make it charge again by cleaning the gold pins in the charger and on the back of the watch with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Then, I kept hitting the back of the charger with my finger a few times, then bingo. It does charge now without any issues. Give it a shot, it might work for you.

I also noticed that it was getting really hot during and after charging it. For some reason, Fitbit’s recent firmware update forces the heart rate monitor to stay on, in full blast, which leads me to believe that Fitbit is doing this on purpose in order to drain the battery quickly; so we can buy a newer watch.

To fix the heating issue, turn off the heart rate monitor before you put it on the charger, and keep checking it every now and then because it does turn on again by itself while on the charger. If it does, you will need to go to touch the screen-scroll to settings-make sure heart rate monitor is off- then scroll down and tap on Shutdown Device. Wait a couple of mins then turn it on. Hope this works for you as well. Shame on Fitbit for doing this, Apple also did something similar with older iPhones for a while until people realized what’s going on. Soon enough this will backfire on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes