Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze bluetooth turns off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit Blaze keeps turning the Bluetooth option off in settings.  My phone bluetooth is on but my blaze keeps turning off the setting on my fitbit.  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lostallmarbles may i ask what type of phone you have? Blaze Classic is only used for music control on Android and Windows. It has nothing to do with the trackers ability to sync. If you set the Blaze up with an ios device, you should not be seeing this option. If the Blaze is connected to an ios device, the Blaze will turn Classic off because it is not needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Im a little confused, are we refferring to the app or the tracker? There is no way to turn bluetooth off on the Blaze, and the Blaze has no control over the phones Bluetooth or Fitbit app.

Best Answer

The blaze itself turns off the Bluetooth feature in the settings.  I scroll thru the choices (exercise, relax, alarm, and then settings) and the Bluetooth setting says off.  I turn it on to paired and it will still on for awhile and then it turns off.  I turn it on again so it says paired and a little while later it turns off. 

Best Answer

If it helps, in the settings it is called Bluetooth Classic and the options are off or paired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lostallmarbles may i ask what type of phone you have? Blaze Classic is only used for music control on Android and Windows. It has nothing to do with the trackers ability to sync. If you set the Blaze up with an ios device, you should not be seeing this option. If the Blaze is connected to an ios device, the Blaze will turn Classic off because it is not needed.

Best Answer

Mine does this all the time too! Why? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted fit bit support and they said it does not have to be on.  It is only on when you need to connect it to your phone to listen to music. Other than that if it is paired with your phone's Bluetooth it is fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze 'bluetooth Classic' pairing also keeps turning off.

It needs to be on if you are pairing it to your phone to run and also receive text messages from your phone.

How can you get it to remain on?

Best Answer

did you ever figure out how to keep it on??  mine is doing the same.  stays connected...check again and it's right back to off...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nsanders what type of phone do you hve? Do you use the music control function? 

Best Answer

i have a samsung 7s - no i do not use the music part of it...i just want it to buzz me when i have a msg or the phone rings 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing and I have the same phone as you have you gotten an answer as to why this is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you figure it out? I had a blaze before and loved getting text and phone notifications during my workout. I just can't get this one to do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Captainjoe2254 which Bluetooth turns off for you? Is it on the tracker or phome? 

Which phone do you have? 

You say that you had a Blaze before. . what do you have now, 

The Bluetooth that can be turned off on the Blaze is not the Bluetooth that notifications xomecthrough. 

Best Answer
Hello,

It's the Bluetooth tracker that I can't get to receive text or phone
notifications.

I have a Samsung S8.

I lost my first Blaze and just bought a new one.

I got the bluetooth classic to work and it plays music off my phone.

I'm just missing something to receive notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Captainjoe2254 is your phone set to display notifications on your AOD .while the. Phone is locked, 

Best Answer
i don't lock my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have an S8 and it will time out and go into what is known as an Always On Display (AOD). Do you see your notifications when this AOD is active? 

Best Answer

Hi, I have a Sony Xperia x compact. I keep losing the link with my device. Nothing has changed, but all of a sudden my app can't find my device. 

Any advice? I tried restarting my phone.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry can't help still having my issue.

Thanks
Duane Sinasac
Best Answer
0 Votes